What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Got the Daytona out for a spin today just up the glen and back as the weather was somewhat 'inclement'.
Daytonainhail.jpg

All those little white dots in the picture are the hail and snow that started coming down as I was climbing the Hill out of the Glen to reach the Rest and Be Thankful. Deciding that discretion was the better part of valour I decided to turn round and take her back into port.

I have been planning to see about swapping her for a Thunderbird or another early carb'ed 900 but I am now thinking I might just keep a hold on her. She does look quite 'the Business' and I find her fairly comfortable for a Sports Bike.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
When I left the house the sun was splitting the sky and not a cloud in sight. Two miles up the glen and the sleet and hail started coming out of the slightly cloudy sky and over the next couple of miles it got steadily worse so, as I was just doing a 'shake down' because she hasn't moved since about September I took her back home.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Got the Daytona out for a spin today just up the glen and back as the weather was somewhat 'inclement'.
View attachment 16171

All those little white dots in the picture are the hail and snow that started coming down as I was climbing the Hill out of the Glen to reach the Rest and Be Thankful. Deciding that discretion was the better part of valour I decided to turn round and take her back into port.

I have been planning to see about swapping her for a Thunderbird or another early carb'ed 900 but I am now thinking I might just keep a hold on her. She does look quite 'the Business' and I find her fairly comfortable for a Sports Bike.
Gorgeous looking Daytona Marty(y)

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
View attachment 16171

The bike looks great @MartytheMartian .........."See" all that moaning paid off you got some snow afterall :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Ah no @DD67 it wasn't the Daytona that I said was scruffy close up it was my old black Sprint that was scruffy although it's now a pile of 'spares' for my Yellow Sprint. The Daytona is 'mint' apart from the fact that it has a patch of small blisters on the front lower left of the tank. The shop that sold it to me had assured me that the tank was 'unblemished' but as soon as she rolled off the van I ran my hands over the tank and felt them. I decided to take it anyway though as I doubt that I would find an example that was otherwise any cleaner and she only had sixteen and a half thousand on the clocks when I got her.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I've never ridden an ST so I don't know how much more comfortable the riding position is but, very weirdly, I find the Daytona much more tame handling and possibly even a little more comfortable than my Sprint RS. When I got the RS it had been fitted with ST bars and I found that it killed my wrists. I put RS bars on it and the pain went away. I found the same with the Daytona when it came to me with a bar conversion on it. Junked that and went back to the standard bars and the pain went. I guess that the Daytona and RS just happen to fit my physiology. On the road the Daytona goes around like it's on rails where the RS reminds me of the eighties superbikes that felt much more like what they really wanted to do was spread you over the countryside rather than get you around the next bend.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
She does look quite 'the Business' ....

She certainly does!

Every time I look at mine I get that same feeling - elbows and lower back might complain, but just looking at a Dayt tickles part of what I love bikes for :)

But today was taking the Beast to Bolsover for some ACF-50ing.

Lovely ride up there with me neighbour, great job as usual by the fella, and a lovely scone and cuppa in a cafe while it was being done.

Bit of further tinkering this pm I reckon ahead of some more miles tomorrow.

DS

Last edited:

half ton

Legendary Knight
Today the mighty Meteor went on the Dyno...run no 1...Bog standard 17.54 bhp at wheel. run no 2... DNA air filter and intake plate fitted.....19.18bhp well pleased as that is heading towards a 10% (ish) power increase. then he fitted a 16 tooth front sprocket and a DID X ring chain. bike now cruises at 60/65 on a whiff of throttle ..absolutely wonderful to ride. Still got the fuel enricher to go on but that will wait until a full exhaust system becomes available 😁

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Today the mighty Meteor went on the Dyno...run no 1...Bog standard 17.54 bhp at wheel. run no 2... DNA air filter and intake plate fitted.....19.18bhp well pleased as that is heading towards a 10% (ish) power increase. then he fitted a 16 tooth front sprocket and a DID X ring chain. bike now cruises at 60/65 on a whiff of throttle ..absolutely wonderful to ride. Still got the fuel enricher to go on but that will wait until a full exhaust system becomes available 😁
Fuck yeah...
Nice one @half ton 🦆

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Shortly after getting the Guzzi, I replaced the standard hideous plastic rear mudguard with a Guzzi OEM aftermarket alloy one. Whilst it was a vast improvement, I was not really happy with it due to it being slightly too long and partly for the position I had put the rear light and number plate.

IMG_20211119_145909612.jpg

So today I finally got around to modifying another alloy mudguard to fit more to my taste. Cut it almost exactly in half, then sanded it down a bit and drilled all the necessary holes for fitting, rear light & plate, and cables.

IMG_20220413_125416183.jpg

Then a test fit, just to make sure I had got all the holes in the right place.

IMG_20220413_132127839.jpg

Success! - I think I've achieved exactly the look I wanted :)

IMG_20220413_132404714.jpg
IMG_20220413_132429267.jpg

Just got to give it a light rub over, and then get it powder coated.