What have you done to your bike today....

MICK60

Legendary Knight
I went to start my new bike yesterday, and the solenoid just clicked. So battery on charge all night, and new solenoid ordered. lets see what happens today.There is a right birds nest of wiring going to the battery, with 4 extra connectors, for LED lights, and speakers.Here we fucking go again.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Collected my wheels with fresh rubber and fitted them. Finished cleaning the calipers. Pads came today. Compared them with the originals, which now only look half worn. Stuck the new ones in anyway. I may swap them back again when we get home...............Went to Go outdoors with Rose and bought a couple of new sleeping bags with better TOG rating for our nights in the cabins.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Rode mine the other day...that fucking novelty .
#Me too had movement. Bike (he hurriedly added) down the Tweed to Kelso and back. Not too much doing in the salmon department. River is running just above summer lows and needs fresh water to lift fish higher up. It hasn't rained long or hard enough anywhere in the catchment to make an appreciable difference. Plenty of people lashing away though.....

chas

Legendary Knight
Dropped my tyre pressures on the rear as

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the pilot 5s I'm using seem a little

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

stiff and was going

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

to start a tyre thread but

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bored myself to sleep.

Fairly sure it was a wise decision ;)

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I am twenty minutes back in the door from a run around on the Daytona and I can state, quite unequivocally that the Midge Bastards are out in full strength in Argyll! Jeesus I though my visor was fogged at one point until I realised I was passing through a huge cloud of the little bastards and, by the time I got home I don't think there was a clean micron of visor on my lid.

First off here we have a super handsome, super cheery young fellow just a little south of Inveraray

15622compo.jpg
Is it my imagination or am I starting to take on a resemblance to an evil Compo from Last of the Summer Wine?

Next we have a gorgeous green Daytona enjoying a little break and posing just a little south of Inveraray. She may have been giving me a hell of a lot of problems, what lady doesn't, but by God she's a looker!
15622peach.jpg
Next we have a photo of the bike just as night was falling over Loch Lomond at Inveruglas.
15622lomond.jpg

And finally I tried to catch a photo of the Midge Arrows flying around my head when I stopped at Inveruglas but the little buggers were moving too fast.

15622midges.jpg

I put a different map on the Daytona today, from the TuneECU website (I think it was called 'Massive Midrange 3') and she is roaring and howling like a banshee. When I went out I had entertained thoughts of doing the 'loop' from Inveraray up Loch Awe, around to the Green Welly, down to Crianlarich, then Tarbet on Loch Lomond and back up home but I was really unsure of the fuel economy the bike might turn in coupled with a distinct lack of places to get go-juice around here late at night so I decided to turn back from Inveraray and, at the Rest and Be Thankful my Fuel warning came on so I shot down to Arrochar, filled up, whizzed around to Tarbet and up to Inveruglas on Loch Lomond before turning back and heading for home. The bike performed flawlessy and so I am hoping that I can now declare her 'sorted'!