What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Parts finally arrived, so maybe not today but over the next couple of days, I'll be sorting out my front disk and doing a mini service on the front brake, ready for another MOT test.

IMG_20220727_145307473.jpg

Shame the center of the disk is gold and not black 🙁, hopefully it'll look ok though :unsure:

chas

Legendary Knight
View attachment 18900So would he have approved of this bag of chips I bought the other day...
I nearly ended up in conflict because they had ran out of normal chips..All that was left was vegan chips so I had a heated debate about morrisons trying to feminise blokes by turning them all into vegans by only having vegan and no other option then they explained they are for naked straight people...😳😳😳🤔🦆
You're a massive poof for buying frozen chips anyhow and not frying potato in a vat of boiling oil like a proper man. Just sayin'.
Aren't all chips vegan unless fried in lard????

Anyway, I've loaded up the GS and will be departing shortly for Ldn :)

TTFN!

DS
LARD! Beef dripping, please.

Have a safe trip and a good result on the MoT
Parts finally arrived, so maybe not today but over the next couple of days, I'll be sorting out my front disk and doing a mini service on the front brake, ready for another MOT test.

View attachment 18901

Shame the center of the disk is gold and not black 🙁, hopefully it'll look ok though :unsure:
I've got gold centres on mine and was worried it'd look odd, I'm ok with them. Your OCD may hit the red tho :D

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Back from a nice couple of days seeing chums and family in Ldn.

Great ride down Wed evening - traffic was flowing so well, I didn't even bother stopping for something to eat on the way.

Yesterday departed at 1pm, and bloody glad I didn't leave it any later. I'd say at almost every junction of the M25 and M1 there was a reduced speed limit in place just queuing and sheer weight of traffic. Journey wasn't massively extended because of it, but it made it much harder work - wouldn't have wanted to be in the car.

That and todays weather, mean it'll be a chillin' day Chez Strange!

DS

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Fitted new brake disk, and gave the brake calliper a clean and mini service with new pads.

I had to be inventive to ensure the bike was secure.

IMG_20220730_144204206.jpg
IMG_20220730_154020277.jpg
IMG_20220730_154037444.jpg

All done... well almost :rolleyes:
IMG_20220730_193940629.jpg

I was using Moto Guzzi's own service manual, and I double checked the torque figures for everything I touched, but when tightening up the pinch bolts at the bottom of the fork leg, the first bold snapped. So then I halved the torque setting and the second one snapped too. Fortunately one bolt had enough protruding from the opposite side I could get some mole grips on it and wind it out, the other required a bolt extractor tool but luckily came out quite easily. Temporarily put some slightly longer stainless bolts in, and will have to order the proper replacements from Fowlers.

IMG_20220730_175832843.jpg

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Eytie translation? The calliper probably does use machine screws not bolts but to a higher torque valve nearer the 50nm mark. The pinch bolts have a much lighter load and screw into alloy threads.

The calliper bolts are chunky M10 allen bolts (50nm), or 'Front brake calliper fixing screw' in eytie, I replaced those with new ones along with the disk bolts.