What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Jeez that sucks @chas Are they meant to come on together on the Speed Trip? Both come on on my Daytona but, on the 2002 Sprint RS's one is meant to be the main beam and the other is the ordinary headlight so one comes on with the switch and the main beam switches them over. I was actually told that having both come on at the same time was illegal, at least in 2002 but most folks modified them so that both came on together. My black Sprint had them wired standard where my Yellow one has the mod. I mentioned it to my MOT guy and he said all he cares about is that the bike has at least one fully functioning headlamp.

chas

Legendary Knight
Jeez that sucks @chas Are they meant to come on together on the Speed Trip? Both come on on my Daytona but, on the 2002 Sprint RS's one is meant to be the main beam and the other is the ordinary headlight so one comes on with the switch and the main beam switches them over. I was actually told that having both come on at the same time was illegal, at least in 2002 but most folks modified them so that both came on together. My black Sprint had them wired standard where my Yellow one has the mod. I mentioned it to my MOT guy and he said all he cares about is that the bike has at least one fully functioning headlamp.
Mate, it's the tiny little parking light, not dip or main. Gobsmacking.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Mate, it's the tiny little parking light, not dip or main. Gobsmacking.
Technically it's a legitimate fail.
However, as you've used them before & therefore they know you aren't a man from the ministry.
They should have passed the bike & told you to get it sorted asap.

If they passed a bald tyre & you got pulled on the way home. With 1 additional mile on the clock compared with the MOT mileage.
Then they could be in deep shit.
But a bulb could blow straight after it passed an MOT.

chas

Legendary Knight
Technically it's a legitimate fail.
However, as you've used them before & therefore they know you aren't a man from the ministry.
They should have passed the bike & told you to get it sorted asap.

If they passed a bald tyre & you got pulled on the way home. With 1 additional mile on the clock compared with the MOT mileage.
Then they could be in deep shit.
But a bulb could blow straight after it passed an MOT.
Yep. Pure cuntery, innit.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
It definitely pays to find a good MOT man and stick with them. Having only used my guy a few times I was surprised that, when the Bonnie's brake light blew (must have been on the way down to the test centre as I checked it before leaving) he took the time to replace it himself and didn't even charge me for the bulb. I remember when I took the Yellow Sprint to him and said it had failed it's previous MOT on 'micro cracks' he literally did a double-take and then said "Someone was looking for work".

half ton

Legendary Knight
Brother is an MOT tester (lucky me)... he had a young lad bring a 125 in for test, PoPo had given him a producer for only having one mirror (or something similar)....Brother phoned the Station and told them the boy was legal and to sort themselves out...takes no prisoners my Brother :oops:

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
A surprising positive from the ridiculous petrol prices has been a huge reduction in people travelling short journeys in London so all the usual traffic bottlenecks in Lewisham, New Cross, Old Kent Road, Elephant and Castle are clear - which means my MPG has jumped from 58 to 64 or a saving of £1.40 a day on the 145 mile round trip:D

I like to celebrate small victories:cool: