What have you done to your bike today....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
BBing today so on the GS to collect the Honda we use and then on it again later when I finish - picking up fish shop meal as I return :)

Busiest morning I've ever had, but just went dead from 3 so not complaining - especially as large family music event in town means roads near main hospital are chocka. And some of the driving appalling!

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well this evening I went out on Britt for the first time since 'the incident' and also the first time since I fitted the Clubman bars and Tec rearsets. It was raining when I left home and fuckin' pissin' down by the time I reached Arrochar for fuel. Just need to adjust the gear lever a little as I have to pull my toe back quite a bit to change down and I'll need to glue the righthand grip on as it seems to like working it's way down the bar as I ride but that could have just been the extreme lubrication from the heavens tonight. The pics are at the petrol station in Arrochar and don't really show the level of rain that was coming down. My gloves were like bags full of water! I rather like the riding position with the bars and rearsets, pretty damn comfortable although, rather strangely they make me feel as if the saddle slopes rearwards but I am guessing that's an illusion. Couple of 'squeaky bum' moments I must admit like coming round 'Butterbridge' just NorthWest of the Rest and Be Thankful when I suddenly realised there was a mini-landslide across the bend just before the bridge. Hit it at about 50mph and did a bit of 'shoogling' but managed to stay on the road and go around the bend. Another was cresting the top of Hell's Glen. Looked like a little standing water across the road ahead of me until I hit it and realised that it was a couple of inches deep river moving across the road from left to right at a fairly rapid rate - Very 'interesting' for want of a better term.

Cafebritpissinrain.jpg
Cafebrittrain.jpg

Last edited:

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I've taken a £500 deposit on my bike with a scheduled collection date of this coming weekend.
The lad who's purchasing it has owned the exact same model before but accidentally binned it. He supplied photographs to prove his original ownership status...
20220726_202929.jpg

I'm sure that photo involved an accidental slip of the wrist. Not a blatant disregard for the law 🙃

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Cheers @chas the last three days my stepson and his partner have been here so I could leave the house and know that someone was there to keep an eye on the missus. They are away tomorrow so I'm back on guard duty but, next week the missus is going to stay with her second eldest for a few days so I'll have somh e time out on two wheels again. I wish I could say the wife is getting better but she really ain't so far and still regrets not succeeding and, so far, the mental health services have been worse than useless. This Friday I take her down to Dunoon to see a locum CPN, the first time a mental health 'professional' (and I use the term loosely) will have seen her only a mere five weeks since she tried to kill herself. If they think they are getting away with it they are much mistaken. The MSP is monitoring the situation (the SNP MSP's do have some very small use), we will be filing a complaint with NHS Highland, which our GP says will receive a mealy mouthed response but she advises us that, once that happens, we escalate it to the Health Ombudsman, I will be seeing if the press are interested in exposing the scandalous quality of service the Mental Health services have been providing here for at least the last ten years and I am keeping a friend, a lawyer in Edinburgh informed so, once things start to heat up they will find themselves in court on negligence charges as well. The bastards will pay the price for their failings.

chas

Legendary Knight
Cheers @chas the last three days my stepson and his partner have been here so I could leave the house and know that someone was there to keep an eye on the missus. They are away tomorrow so I'm back on guard duty but, next week the missus is going to stay with her second eldest for a few days so I'll have somh e time out on two wheels again. I wish I could say the wife is getting better but she really ain't so far and still regrets not succeeding and, so far, the mental health services have been worse than useless. This Friday I take her down to Dunoon to see a locum CPN, the first time a mental health 'professional' (and I use the term loosely) will have seen her only a mere five weeks since she tried to kill herself. If they think they are getting away with it they are much mistaken. The MSP is monitoring the situation (the SNP MSP's do have some very small use), we will be filing a complaint with NHS Highland, which our GP says will receive a mealy mouthed response but she advises us that, once that happens, we escalate it to the Health Ombudsman, I will be seeing if the press are interested in exposing the scandalous quality of service the Mental Health services have been providing here for at least the last ten years and I am keeping a friend, a lawyer in Edinburgh informed so, once things start to heat up they will find themselves in court on negligence charges as well. The bastards will pay the price for their failings.
Glad you're not shouldering this on your own mate

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Nothing like the hills to stir the soul.

My daughter needed ‘girlie stuff’ first thing this morning and that I am embarrassproof. So I went over the hill where my brother in law is spending eternity…..

Sadly we didn’t realise how low he had got before it was too late.

Attachments

• 835E0A5C-632D-4B13-B756-1BE666804774.jpeg
    835E0A5C-632D-4B13-B756-1BE666804774.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Nothing like the hills to stir the soul.

My daughter needed ‘girlie stuff’ first thing this morning and that I am embarrassproof. So I went over the hill where my brother in law is spending eternity…..

Sadly we didn’t realise how low he had got before it was too late.
I can relate to the hills stirring the soul...
That's a nice way to put it...

In a non gay way that doesn't make a bloke sound like a big girls blouse if you know what I mean...Phew...Glad I got the disclaimer in or that's my reputation for being a ladies man up the spout 😳🦆

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
You know @BAD LUCK DUCK there ain't nothing gay about talking about the rare beauty that is in the world that stirs our hearts and it pisses me off that the modern world tries to make us think of it as something that is the province of the LGBTQ mob or 'getting in touch with your feminine side'. One of my favourite poets, Robert Burns was every bit a heterosexual man (Lord, if I recall correctly he is credited with having fathered around sixty three children) and yet he appreciated the beauty of the land he lived in and expressed his emotions without fear of anyone trying to claim him for the LGBTQ 'cause'. Just like Pink, Purple and the rainbow they've been stolen from us by the real weirdo's.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
You know @BAD LUCK DUCK there ain't nothing gay about talking about the rare beauty that is in the world that stirs our hearts and it pisses me off that the modern world tries to make us think of it as something that is the province of the LGBTQ mob or 'getting in touch with your feminine side'. One of my favourite poets, Robert Burns was every bit a heterosexual man (Lord, if I recall correctly he is credited with having fathered around sixty three children) and yet he appreciated the beauty of the land he lived in and expressed his emotions without fear of anyone trying to claim him for the LGBTQ 'cause'. Just like Pink, Purple and the rainbow they've been stolen from us by the real weirdo's.
Screenshot_20220727-154011_Gallery.jpgSo would he have approved of this bag of chips I bought the other day...
I nearly ended up in conflict because they had ran out of normal chips..All that was left was vegan chips so I had a heated debate about morrisons trying to feminise blokes by turning them all into vegans by only having vegan and no other option then they explained they are for naked straight people...😳😳😳🤔🦆

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
So would he have approved of this bag of chips I bought the other day...
I nearly ended up in conflict because they had ran out of normal chips..All that was left was vegan chips so I had a heated debate about morrisons trying to feminise blokes by turning them all into vegans by only having vegan and no other option then they explained they are for naked straight people...😳😳😳🤔🦆

Aren't all chips vegan unless fried in lard????

Anyway, I've loaded up the GS and will be departing shortly for Ldn :)

TTFN!

DS