What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
@DD67 gave me the heads up where he got the cheap (£14) screen for his Bandit project
As of Saturday, that now lives in Basingstoke.
It was attempt number 3 to cling to my biking days.
It was never gonna work post accident in January 2005. But it took me 17.5yrs to finally admit defeat. With many other come-back bikes along the way 😗

Pig headed tw@ts with dyslexia rule KO! 😃

chas

Legendary Knight
Compared with £150+ from Triumph. I think it looks awesome for under £14 😃

Have you tested it out & does it make a difference at higher speeds?
Can't get a Triumph one anymore, firm in France make a good pattern one but....
over £140
Only put it on today (cleu is in the thread title) late afternoon and fixed it to the bike during the break between full time and extra time on the LezBall.
I'm actually expecting fuck all difference but it makes the bike look 'undateable' (I think the overall lines flow better now) and it ticks a box. Wouldn't know till I tried the idea out and I'm happier trying a £14 idea out than a £150 idea and finding it does fuck all. ;)

Last edited:

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Fitted new pinch bolts to the fork leg, at the correct torque this time ;) and adjusted the throttle play, also took a guess at the headlight alignment based on the guy at the garage telling me usually the light being straight is usually a good bet 🤨. So now just got to get it booked in for another MOT.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
also took a guess at the headlight alignment based on the guy at the garage telling me usually the light being straight is usually a good bet 🤨. So now just got to get it booked in for another MOT.
Take a spanner with you (probably 14mm) If the alignment is out when the guy pulls up to the light box. Ask for 30 seconds to adjust the beam angle.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
And if he says no jam the spanner up his ass sideways.

Guy who has bought my Sprint from me was asking who my MOT man is as his old MOT man has retired and all the ones near him now are pissy bastards who will fail you for a duff parking bulb. I am really glad my guy is one of the good ones who knows what's important and doesn't screw around over things that aren't.

chas

Legendary Knight
Nearly bought some Raask 'Jota' bars for the bike but they're up at 120 and I'm hoping they don't sell and I can give a cheeky bid. They're chrome so wouldn't be 'exactly' right aesthetically. I'll keep an eye on the listing and would likely pay 60/80 for them tho.
Interim I've got some ali 'vincent flat' or drag bars on the way. Only 20 odd quid but I think they may fit the bill.
If they don't they can accompany the 4 D cell maglite in the car as road rage deterrent instrument. ;)

half ton

Legendary Knight
Took my bike over to Brothers for another Dyno run...It now has the Hitchcocks full stainless system ,The FuelX pro and DNA filter and induction plate,so nothing else to do until a camshaft arrives on the scene...Final figures are .. 19.71bhp (17.37bhp stock) and 20.24 ftlbs of torque (18.30 stock) so factory figure of 20bhp at crank would mean approx 22/23bhp on mine,It is running really well and is a vast improvement over standard, Saying that the bike was great fun to ride in stock trim anyway...going to see a chap about re-doing my seat on Tuesday as it needs raising a little for longer rides (too feckin old to be uncomfortable) I managed an 80 mile ride last night before my leg started to become painful so hopefully the blood clot is finally starting to dissolve.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Took the Guzzi for another MOT test this morning, and it passed woohoo! 😁 So then went for a ride over to Sportsbikeshop in Milton Keynes via the back roads, and treated myself to a new lid :giggle:

And the helmet staying in place on the bike all the way home was another bonus which added to a most enjoyable morning 🙂

IMG_20220805_114808327.jpg
IMG_20220805_120405603.jpg