What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Behind where I was sitting to take that photo.
They were mainly proper crossers but registered for the road.
They were all new or virtually new & absolutely filthy.
I assume they ride on the road to somewhere muddy, thrash around for a bit. Then ride home on the road via the Red Lion.

There are regular off road events just off the A428 near East Haddon, perhaps they had been there 🤔

chas

Legendary Knight
Apart from the usual pressures, fluids etc checks fitted the black screen bolts and soldered a new pilot bulb holder to the headlight to replace the emergency MoT bodge of soldering wires to a bulb. Fitted some led pilot bulbs hoping they'd be bright enough to save me running dips during the day but nah. Mind you, now there's a new battery in (I'm really impressed with the Li-Ion unit, solid improvement) it's a bit moot anyhow.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
A bit late, but had a nice bimble on Friday, which was rudely interrupted by my feeling the top box hit me in the back!

Yep, it had come loose and slid forward - glad it didn't just fly off sideways.

Further inspection has revealed cracking where it clips on - can't complain as it 14 y.o and was got secondhand then!

But as new BMW one is over £600 and secondhand one goes for half that, a repair is in order. Reckon I can brace things with a flat metal strip.

DS

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
A bit late, but had a nice bimble on Friday, which was rudely interrupted by my feeling the top box hit me in the back!

Yep, it had come loose and slid forward - glad it didn't just fly off sideways.

Further inspection has revealed cracking where it clips on - can't complain as it 14 y.o and was got secondhand then!

But as new BMW one is over £600 and secondhand one goes for half that, a repair is in order. Reckon I can brace things with a flat metal strip.

DS
Good catch!

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
One reason I purchased the Enfield was because I always liked that particular model, another reason was since I damaged my ankle even though it's back okay I sometimes have a bit of difficulty wearing bike boots and operating the gear change without pain, and the Bullet also the new 350 have the added option of a Toe/Heel gear change lever, so for £20 I obtained a genuine Royal Enfield Toe/Heel lever to help as an aid for now

s-l500.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
T'only time i've ever used one o them was on mi owd plaggy, which we used to thrash round t'fields as teenagers!!
Had one on a Guzzi convert 1000 2 speed, my mate had the 850 Cali MK1 [nice] he adjusted his own tappets one day and on the way to work the RH pot seized up, I had told him to check them again after adjusting and locking the tappet lock nut, after that he adjusted them on the rattly side to be sure

1660060951843.png

chas

Legendary Knight
Hardly a huge job but as we had the doming kit set up at work (2 pack resin so there's spare mix on the rare times we do domed stickers) I made up a handful of logo stickers for the bike as the triangle formed by the bottom of the screen and the nose cone lines annoyed me. This disguises it a bit. Lobbed one on the tailpiece too but that might not stay.
IMAG5785.jpgIMAG5786.jpg

I've three spares if anyone wants them. 30mm high.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Here we have outside, inside and outside after angle grinder :)

IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
Outside now filed smoother and topbox fitted back on bike - seems rock solid.

Will test tomorrow - with bungee attached just in case!

At getting on for £700 new and £350 secondhand, I'm pleased with the result :)

DS

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight

Laser 7510 External Deburr/Chamfer Tool 3 - 19mm​

Have a google for one of those, cut your bolts to length first and it will save the nyloc melting. I use that tool a lot, nowt worse than having a nut just in your finger ends and the bastard threads on the bolt don’t want to play. Faster than filing….

Didn’t realise them boxes were so expensive, to be honest.