What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Meant to post last night. Got the new tap for the petrol tank and so put the Bullet together again properly and took her out for a spin. The gearbox, with right foot change is 'interesting' and the brakes are scary but it's pretty fun and the adrenaline rush trying to stop with an oncoming car on a single track road is quite something. The only other thing I am going to do to the saddle for the moment is make up a little leather belt to pull the vinyl tight where it goes up from the seat to the hump as it's a little 'baggy' there but will pull in neatly with some belting.
Cafe1508221.jpgCafe1508223.jpg

Last edited:

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Meant to post last night. Got the new tap for the petrol tank and so put the Bullet together again properly and took her out for a spin. The gearbox, with right foot change is 'interesting' and the brakes are scary but it's pretty fun and the adrenaline rush trying to stop with an oncoming car on a single track road is quite something.
View attachment 19495View attachment 19497

Looks great Marty :cool:(y)

chas

Legendary Knight
Fitted the Gibidii chain oiler today.......................forgot to buy the bloody 80/90weight oil...oh well sommat to do tomorrow 😳
I'm going to see if @Ron is selling his cheap now he's got a belt drive. :D

His Roadstar led me down the rabbit hole of looking at MT01 Yams, same donkey. I do think tho, that I'd rather take a Roadstar and see just how far you could strip it back, flat barred and bordering on flattracked/original Sportster but retaining balloon front tyre (and brakes).

Last edited:

chas

Legendary Knight
Meant to post last night. Got the new tap for the petrol tank and so put the Bullet together again properly and took her out for a spin. The gearbox, with right foot change is 'interesting' and the brakes are scary but it's pretty fun and the adrenaline rush trying to stop with an oncoming car on a single track road is quite something. The only other thing I am going to do to the saddle for the moment is make up a little leather belt to pull the vinyl tight where it goes up from the seat to the hump as it's a little 'baggy' there but will pull in neatly with some belting.
View attachment 19495View attachment 19498
As you've an Irish plate on the bike so no immediate age triggers for most plod if t'were mine I'd take the indicators off. Ran my Z without indicators and got away with it although 'technically' the switchgear shouldn't have been present. My aesthetics, not yours, your bike, not mine :D.
Tank suits it bloody well mate, I'm looking forward to how you further adjust it to your liking.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I was thinking of at least replacing the indicators with dinky wee one's that I've seen on a few Enfields as the originals are bleedin' huuuugggee! I'm amazed that a bike from India even has Indicators as I've seen footage of folks riding in Indian and indicators seem to be somewhat alien to them as is most of what we would call 'roadcraft' and basic survival skills.