What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I found the reason he got a flat. The TPMS sensor split the valve stem.
And if it wasn't my dad's bike. It wouldn't be in the garage.View attachment 18668
That's a bugger!
Presumably the centrifugal force created by the extra weight on the valve stem. That sucks as you'd be well advised to remove the TPMS sensors from your bike & your Dads.

Try a complaint to the seller mate. If there's an option to leave a review with photos? I reckon they'll refund you to buy your silence.

Unless that tyre (tire) valve was old/perished. The TPMS sensors are f#ckin dangerous! That would have resulted in a very rapid deflation.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I can't see you having anything to worry about with that beauty!

DS

It failed 😭

Front disk is worn, but its where the two parts of the floating disk meet, so not only is there side to side movement, as there should be, but there is vertical movement which there should not be. Also headlight aim was out, and the throttle cable needs adjusting as it increases the revs slightly when the bars are turned on full lock.

It was a different guy that did my previous few MOTs on my other bikes, and It was the most thorough MOT I've ever witnessed. Before he started I was told he apparently had a row with his boss and was in a bad mood 🤨 - But I have no complaints, he was right and I'd rather it fail so it can be fixed, as having a brake disk failure in use would not be fun.

They also gave me a good price for sorting all, no markup on parts. However having said they would give me a price within the hour, and they didn't get back to me until two hours later, then me being the impatient git I am, I had already ordered the parts 😆 - I'll change the disk bolts, and front pads whilst I'm at it. Parts should arrive tomorrow, so hopefully I can get everything sorted out and in for a retest ASAP.

chas

Legendary Knight
It failed 😭

Front disk is worn, but its where the two parts of the floating disk meet, so not only is there side to side movement, as there should be, but there is vertical movement which there should not be. Also headlight aim was out, and the throttle cable needs adjusting as it increases the revs slightly when the bars are turned on full lock.

It was a different guy that did my previous few MOTs on my other bikes, and It was the most thorough MOT I've ever witnessed. Before he started I was told he apparently had a row with his boss and was in a bad mood 🤨 - But I have no complaints, he was right and I'd rather it fail so it can be fixed, as having a brake disk failure in use would not be fun.

They also gave me a good price for sorting all, no markup on parts. However having said they would give me a price within the hour, and they didn't get back to me until two hours later, then me being the impatient git I am, I had already ordered the parts 😆 - I'll change the disk bolts, and front pads whilst I'm at it. Parts should arrive tomorrow, so hopefully I can get everything sorted out and in for a retest ASAP.
Mine is in for MoT today, dropped it off first thing so waiting for a call.