What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
Beutiful ride through the Sussex Countryside this morning, very warm at 6.30am

Noticed two things in London
1. Loads of people on bikes in shorts and T shirts:sneaky:
2. No ONE is looking when crossing the road - almost got totalled twice with pedestrians just wandering across the road ear phones in looking at their phones…….:mad:

Not much traffic though:)
People riding in shorts is one of my pet hates, that and not wearing gloves. Skin lasts about 4ft of tarmac. Then you grind away tissue, then bone. Wankers.
I had to take the mammy to the hospital which took all fucking day and was an utter waste of time.
got in about 4 and thought about cleaning the bike
remembered that it's very sunny outside and I have beer 😁
I am fitting a new plate to the bike tho, I can manage that with a beer in one hand 😉

Last edited:

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Headed out to check out a recommended cafe:

Food good, but route there only 'all right' - so will add to mental map for 'when in area' but not as a 'place to go for the sake of it'.

Switched back to usual kit fully vented as had a few spots of rai, and had some while out but nothing to bother us.

Saw lots of free range pigs, which was nice - clever animals that shouldn't be confined.

DS

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Headed out to check out a recommended cafe:

Food good, but route there only 'all right' - so will add to mental map for 'when in area' but not as a 'place to go for the sake of it'.

Switched back to usual kit fully vented as had a few spots of rai, and had some while out but nothing to bother us.

Saw lots of free range pigs, which was nice - clever animals that shouldn't be confined.

DS
Lynne and myself had breakfast there this morning about 1100hrs.

Some good roads nearby but you need to know them.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I was going to go out for a ride this evening, but DD turned up this afternoon for an impromptu whiskey tasting 😋

Cheers @DD67 🥃 👍
Don't believe a word of it lads.
I got to Scrappy's place to find him in a deckchair & wearing a string vest with a knotted hankie on his head. Hurling abuse at the pigeons. Whilst drinking Irish whiskey straight from the bottle.

I was soooooo proud of him! 🤗 😉

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I took the Guzzi for a ride up to the Newark Auto Jumble this morning. Quite a few nice old classic bikes for sale, and loads of crap as well 😄.

Henry Cole, Alan Millyard, and Guy Willison were there filming one of their shows.

IMG_20220717_102326141_HDR.jpg

I wouldn't mind one of these in the garage, if I knew what I was doing with it 😜

IMG_20220717_104325656.jpg

A couple of other Guzzis there, had a chat with the owner of the T3 who was admiring my V7 ☺️

IMG_20220717_110329258.jpg
IMG_20220717_100513292.jpg

There was also a Royal Enfield Scrambler like @Don the Don's (but in the less gay colour scheme ;))

IMG_20220717_110252122_HDR.jpg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Ooh, now if I had a chance at a Matchless like that @Scrappy and you could get the parts for them easily and cheaply enough I'd be all over one myself! I have actually heard tell that there is a mysterious fellow somewhere near me, a pilot by trade, who is said to have an obsession with Matchless and have a ton of them stashed away somewhere but no-one seems to know exactly who he is or where his 'lair' is.

chas

Legendary Knight
I took the Guzzi for a ride up to the Newark Auto Jumble this morning. Quite a few nice old classic bikes for sale, and loads of crap as well 😄.

Henry Cole, Alan Millyard, and Guy Willison were there filming one of their shows.

View attachment 18657

I wouldn't mind one of these in the garage, if I knew what I was doing with it 😜

View attachment 18658

A couple of other Guzzis there, had a chat with the owner of the T3 who was admiring my V7 ☺️

View attachment 18659
View attachment 18660

There was also a Royal Enfield Scrambler like @Don the Don's (but in the less gay colour scheme ;))

View attachment 18661
Whoever applied that chequerpate to the Guzzi needs a punch in the throat