What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Very nice jacket. No good for my mature figure.... Only girlie sizes left😳

I don't think their internet stock levels are correct. When I checked last night, they didn't have a flat tracker in a 44 but they did have a 76 cafe racer, when I got to the shop, they did actually have the flat tracker but not the cafe racer :confused: which was good cos the flat tracker was my preference.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Sorry it's a bit cloudy today in Kent but I'm sure you'll make the best of it
View attachment 18261

Cheers for that - although in fact did have a bit of rain on the way down.

All in all a nice few days away. Lovely ride around Kent - pretty countryside and villages, but blimey, a lot of traffic - really notice the higher population density in the south east!

Nice cuppa at Rye and met numerous other folks parking in the same place and enjoying the local cafe/chippie.

Way there went a different way, but returned the route you mentioned @chas - Appledore, Tenderten, Headcorn - first bit of that could be proper fast at the right time of day ;)

Check the bike over again today and get it ready for a local bumble tomorrow as taken Monday off work too :)

DS

PS Smart jacket that @Scrappy - nice!

chas

Legendary Knight
Way there went a different way, but returned the route you mentioned @chas - Appledore, Tenderten, Headcorn - first bit of that could be proper fast at the right time of day
Although it's one of our favourite bike roads it's not got a high record of attrition. I was with a group of late fifties 'gentleman motorcyclists' from the area last night at a 60th party so inevitably there was a roll call of who died where.

Traffic can be doubly frustrating for me as I know the roads from forty years ago but (again from last night's natter) there are some blinding roads round here if you can get a clear run. I've had my gixxer 11 banging the limiter going through the gears on the last part of the canal road before hitting Rye. (didn't make top, obv :D )
There's a series of bends that I take now if I take the 'extended run' on the way back from work that I first took over 40 year ago on my way to Cant Art College on a CD 175.
I'm getting close to working out the *right* line. ;)

chas

Legendary Knight
I rode down to Goldtop in Hertfordshire, went the quickest route via the A14 on the way there at an almost constant 70 ish ;) and the wind was doing its best at trying to rip my head off :)

As a consolation for selling my Ducati, I brought myself a new jacket. The sales person there is the bloke from Man Cave Moto on YouTube, who was very helpful and had a good chat about bikes.

I took the fun scenic route on the way back, travelling thought some lovely countryside. The weather was brilliant especially considering the forecast was for rain most of the day, the only rain I encountered was in the last two miles from home 🙂

View attachment 18375
View attachment 18374

This is the jacket I got, which is what they call their Flat Tracker jacket. Seems to be brilliant quality, better than any other jacket I've had, I'm very pleased with it.

View attachment 18376

Glad you've got yourself a decent jacket mate. If you pick right they last for ages. My daily riding jacket is the Kishutani I bought in '93 because the lancer style Kett that I got in 1980 didn't really suit the Gixxer I'd just bought.

I take absolutely no pleasure in reminding younger riders if they get opinionated that 'My jacket is older than you son' ;)

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Glad you've got yourself a decent jacket mate. If you pick right they last for ages. My daily riding jacket is the Kishutani I bought in '93 because the lancer style Kett that I got in 1980 didn't really suit the Gixxer I'd just bought.

I take absolutely no pleasure in reminding younger riders if they get opinionated that 'My jacket is older than you son' ;)

I made the mistake of buying fan boy branded jackets before, and if I didn't already look a prat before, you certainly do wearing a Ducati jacket when you no longer have a Ducati :rolleyes: - Lesson learnt, the time old 'buy well and buy once'.

Freck

Legendary Knight
Had to get a new battery for the KTM today as it’s given up the ghost.
Me and Mrs Freck got ready to go out on it this morning for a nice blast around the Highlands (we’re here on our hols) but it wouldn’t start, so a nice 160 mile drive to Inverness for a new battery instead :(
First dry day since we got here too :mad:

Oh well, at least it happened at the cottage we’re staying at rather than leaving me stranded somewhere

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Spoke to Hagon earlier this week about some new shocks for the Enfield to suit my bulk and to replace the inferior remote resorvoir type fitted
I wanted the fully shrouded type and they turned out to be £20 cheaper direct from them than standard spec from any dealers, and they have just arrived, top job Hagon just need to get to fit them.

DSCF0445.JPG

Last edited:

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Went up to Thurso for some hinges and stuff (any excuse for a run out)

MPG seems to be getting better, near 46mpg this time, and again, not hanging about.

Grey old day though.... Some pics on the way home, Griahm Mhor in the background.

IMG_20220709_125537_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220709_135510.jpg

Home is about 5 Miles away from here. (right in the distance, probably right at the lhs of the photo) Brakes nice and cool, and behaving well. Occasional backfire on deceleration, but pulling like a train. Neutral light is not coming on every so often, new switch... Again. I seem to get about 3 years out of one.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Nice 3 hours down to Melton, Oakham, then across to Buttercups cafe before a nice winding route back.

Glorious ride - dug our my old textile suit from the loft as reckon it's a bit cooler than my current one when in 'maximum venting' mode.

By the time I was returning the roads were proper filling up - reckon I saw more bikes in Melton coming back than cars!

Now to get t-shirt off and beer poured to sit in the garden :)

DS

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Nice 3 hours down to Melton, Oakham, then across to Buttercups cafe before a nice winding route back.

Glorious ride - dug our my old textile suit from the loft as reckon it's a bit cooler than my current one when in 'maximum venting' mode.

By the time I was returning the roads were proper filling up - reckon I saw more bikes in Melton coming back than cars!

Now to get t-shirt off and beer poured to sit in the garden :)

DS

I was out that way early(ish) this morning for a couple of hours, beautiful start to the day 😁. Wore my mesh jacket with the liner removed kept me very cool.

IMG_20220710_095401488_HDR.jpg

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
My gear change lever had been broken in its dim distant past... It had a bolt and a piece of hose on it. So I got a proper rubber and used a coach bolt to make it more flush, but had to use 2 nuts, so it's always been too long. I've been finding it difficult of late to get the foot to bend round the post without lifting my foot off the pedal. Okay going up, or down, but a pain up, down, up...

I acquired a 'new' footpeg and gear change lever, an intact one, fitted a new bush, and swapped it all over....

The old one... No idea how the peg came off it...
IMG_20220710_140603_copy_768x1024.jpg

The new one fitted

IMG_20220710_140609_copy_1024x768.jpg

And with the boot fitted

IMG_20220710_140919_copy_768x1024.jpg

Hopefully make life a bit easier!

chas

Legendary Knight
Didn't ride anywhere but got a couple of niggle jobs sorted. Idle had gone batshit during the week using it for work so replaced the ICAV hoses with some tubing off my old carb balancing kit (one of those column jobs rather than fluttery gauges but at over 30 year old I wouldn't trust the readings anymore). Might get some silicon 'beefier' hose and do another fix, might wait till it fucks up again.
Replaced the 'o' rings on the tank connectors as I noticed one had a flat on it. Obviously the cack handed prev owner's fault rather than the meticulous current owner :D
Put it all together and fired up fine then noticed (nearly replied to @Big Sandy 's funny to post this) two shiny allen screws in the toolbox tray. They'll be the ones that hold the airbox on. So it came apart again and fired up fine again after :D

GPT100

Sword of Fenrir
Out 8am while still cool, had a ride to Sandsend near Whitby for a coffee loads of bikes out . Out about 3 hrs and back in time for Sunday lunch. The little Honda is performing good really light and plenty nippy for me, so after a month of ownership I have no regrets compared to the T100, it doesn't get the attention like the T100 did.

Attachments

• 20220710_094909.jpg
    20220710_094909.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 7

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Beutiful ride through the Sussex Countryside this morning, very warm at 6.30am

Noticed two things in London
1. Loads of people on bikes in shorts and T shirts:sneaky:
2. No ONE is looking when crossing the road - almost got totalled twice with pedestrians just wandering across the road ear phones in looking at their phones…….:mad:

Not much traffic though:)