What have you done to your bike today....

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I'm thinking of dropping another 2psi out of the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rear tyre

Tedium aside I think the locked up compression damping (it's def set at salad dodger setting) means running lower than std pressures to introduce a bit more reactiveness and feel. I also think it's odd that the front and rear don't roll round to the same degree. I think it'd handle better with a 180 on the back, the 190 (and consequent flatter profile) doesn't roll over with the front in the right way.
At the risk of kicking off one of those length v width and the resultant feeling conversations .....

Just remember your rolling radius is a function of profile and rim as well as absolute width 😳 You neither want to flatten nor raise your profile..... and that's before subtle differences between manufacturers. The % profile figure is there for a reason.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I tend to go with the manufacturers specified profiles and widths as I reckon they have more expertise in these things than I do as I ain't got the first clue about how to figure all the dynamics of the equation. I keep thinking of modifying this that and the other on my bikes but far more often than not come to the conclusion that I'm more likely to screw things up than improve them with my tinkering and so instead I try to modify myself so I can get used to and work with the bike as it is.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I tend to go with the manufacturers specified profiles and widths as I reckon they have more expertise in these things than I do as I ain't got the first clue about how to figure all the dynamics of the equation. I keep thinking of modifying this that and the other on my bikes but far more often than not come to the conclusion that I'm more likely to screw things up than improve them with my tinkering and so instead I try to modify myself so I can get used to and work with the bike as it is.

I'm largely the same, I stick with manufacturers specs for tyres, and I'll only change cosmetic stuff or simple mods like brake lines, air filters, etc.

chas

Legendary Knight
Dartford to Rye but I don't know exactly how.

If you're close, welcome to join us!

DS
Love to but I've a full day 'back on me head'.
The quickest route would be via Ashford I guess, then down to Brenzett on the marsh but theyvre not fun roads.
I'd do M20 as far as Leeds Castle, drop down from there to the Maidstone to Headcorn road, then go Headcorn, Tenderten, Appledore to Rye. The canal road from Appledore to Rye is great.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
The quickest route would be via Ashford I guess, then down to Brenzett on the marsh but theyvre not fun roads.
I'd do M20 as far as Leeds Castle, drop down from there to the Maidstone to Headcorn road, then go Headcorn, Tenderten, Appledore to Rye. The canal road from Appledore to Rye is great.

Shame you can't join us.

I'll be following my mate, who has always lived in Dartford and know the roads so I expect we'll be running through some of those places.

Should be a nice day for it :)

DS

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Go via the 12 fingers, sister marrying roads near myself. I still have an unmarried sister whom you may like? Myself & the other male members of the family enjoy her charms. So hopefully as she's good enough for us, she'll be good enough for you as well? 🤔
@half ton
Have a word mate.
Chas is muscling in on your territory FFS! 😢