What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
What I actually did with my bike today is whilst riding back from work adjusted the o/s mirror a smidge and the fucker cracked. Short term I'll rejig the n/s so it'll serve as an o/s and blank the n/s hole in the bar end. I've a couple of old mirrors in the shed so may try to cut a circle out of one of them to fashion a replacement glass. They seem expensive buggers to buy.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
85 mile bimble round Melton, Rutland and the cafe.

Checked millage as then filled up - so £15.50 in petrol and a fiver in the cafe.

Reckon they could double the price of petrol and it'd still be worth it :)

Beyond that, I'll be turning to crime to fund me riding!

DS

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
A good couple of hours riding one of my favourite circuits over to Melton and surrounding area, then stopped off at a usual spot for a few mins to enjoy the view and peace 😌

View attachment 18183
View attachment 18184
Nice pic's @Scrappy the Guzzi is looking good,........I thought you took to cruising the Bible belt of old biddies on the Bonnie on Sundays? ....to much to handle mate? :whistle:

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Names? My Tee shirt used to say "Hi. I'm bad with names. Mind if I call you Shithead?"

Today, knee wrapped up and off to Thurso to the post office. Nice day, killed a million flies... Back brake working just fine, bike running well, apart from one misfire, which is probably a different coil pack. Time will tell. 43.5mpg at fill up, and I wasn't hanging around.

Knee is interesting, bit sore, but it works.

And here we are at the harbour in Thurso... Orkney in the distance.

Screenshot_20220627_125133.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Names? My Tee shirt used to say "Hi. I'm bad with names. Mind if I call you Shithead?"

Today, knee wrapped up and off to Thurso to the post office. Nice day, killed a million flies... Back brake working just fine, bike running well, apart from one misfire, which is probably a different coil pack. Time will tell. 43.5mpg at fill up, and I wasn't hanging around.

Knee is interesting, bit sore, but it works.

And here we are at the harbour in Thurso... Orkney in the distance.

View attachment 18205
Bikes looking well mate, hope the knee gets better soon @Big Sandy it's a right bastid having a bad knee, had to take the Scrabster ferry over to Orkney a few times nice on a day like that but not so when the sea's rough :sick:

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Aye, the Pentland firth is interesting when it's rough. Our daughter lives on Orkney, we usually take the ferry from Gills Bay, the catamaran one. MV Alfred.

Knees on the mend... Keeping it strapped up. I mashed it with a starter handle years ago, that hurt then, but never thought I'd still be paying for it 30yrs later.... 🤣

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Aye, the Pentland firth is interesting when it's rough. Our daughter lives on Orkney, we usually take the ferry from Gills Bay, the catamaran one. MV Alfred.

Knees on the mend... Keeping it strapped up. I mashed it with a starter handle years ago, that hurt then, but never thought I'd still be paying for it 30yrs later.... 🤣
Aye those starter handles can be lethal, I used to enjoy watching gobby airmen try and start the old genny's or compressor's with them having some how forgot to tell them to keep their thumbs out of the way........ain't I a shit

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
The 2.25d Land Rover comes complete with a starter handle. It's only real use is for doing valve clearances and timing.

It is, however, very funny when you tell someone they can start it on the handle, and then step back and watch them try.... 🤣

Now who's a shit? 🤣

It was a Thwaites 5 ton dumper that bit me... Handle spun round after it came off, cracked my knee with the key end. It was a bastard to start, 2 cylinder, so you needed to throw one decompression lever, and keep it turning before throwing the other.

We had a 15kw genset at the lodge I worked at, I could start that by getting it on the top of the stroke, one spin and away it would go. Then they took the fun out of it by fitting a starter on it!

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Aye, can start a 2.25 petrol Landy easy. Not the diesel though, never get it fast enough!

That's the Tiger at Bovington isn't it? My broadband speed is Shite at the moment so didn't watch the vid, but seen them start that up before. The Sherman engine is fun to watch start too... I like them both.... 😏