What have you done to your bike today....

half ton

Legendary Knight
Had a nice ride to Harwich for a double cheeseburger and cuppa, then on to Walton on the Naze for more tea at the Bikers pit stop, Then off to Brightlingsea for more tea....and chips,
Out for over 6 hrs but only did 130miles 😁
It was a proper laugh as my brother came out on his new bike...a 1963 650 BSA (power egg). His first right foot gear change bike, He had a fueling problem , so every time he pulled away from a junction it would cough and his leg would fly out to stop him falling off....died completely a couple of times and nearly wet myself watching him paddle it to the curb.......it gained 2 new oil leaks as well 😂 . In truth it's a really nice bike and sounds far nicer than the old 650 Bonnies ..can't believe I just said that 😳

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
No mate, it was immaculate, as you can probably imagine. It was a beautiful place, proper old school, and right on t'sea front. It's gone now, but I understand the mast is still there, and being renovated.
View attachment 20867View attachment 20868
The good old days, Bullshit, bullshit and more bullshit and proper dicipline wasn't life grand, feckers today don't know they are born

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Talking of the military in the mid 70's. Keep an eye out for @Sarky B’stard. He'll be the one running the spelling class 😉...

I enjoyed that trip down memory lane. A few old familiar faces and Patrick made himself famous for all the wrong reasons.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I enjoyed that trip down memory lane. A few old familiar faces and Patrick Mercer made himself famous for all the wrong reasons.
Is this screenshot taken from the documentary, Patrick?..

20221011_163624.jpg

That's just a guess based on his chin & wild caterpillar eyebrows.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
They certainly like you, yet another one

View attachment 20869
The first was a rough, rusty piece of steel that could have been the tip of any sort of agricultural tine but the second was a new Posidrive screw that was towards the outer edge of the tread area. On dry roads I would have been grinding the projecting head on right handers.....🫣

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Is this screenshot taken from the documentary, Patrick?..

View attachment 20874

That's just a guess based on his chin & wild caterpillar eyebrows.
That's the Bishop's boy. I first met him here before it was refurbished/repurposed
1665504287884.jpeg
when we were 33/34 and he had a certain 'self assurance' that threatened crash and burn. He has since been the subject of a couple of amused conversations with another mate, biker (Gixxer 1000) and graduate of the same august institution.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
You accentist! He seems to have laid on the Sandhurst voice for the cameras...... you know where 'ground' becomes 'grynd' and Harrods is Hyarrods.
Out of curiosity, did they try to remove any jockenese accent from you or had you already lost it yourself?

We had a FLT/LT from Glasgow [decent chap] who Cranwell gave " How now brown cow" lessons too to try and get rid of what they deemed a horrid accent...........it is

Last edited: