What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
If you have an overhead rafter or hook you can suspend either end or the whole bike far more cheaply (less than £40) with one of these:
Ooh I've seen something like that used to pull vehicles out the mud...They wrap a chain around a tree and attach to vehicle and woo hoo..
Course it needs to be a sturdy tree...
Real nice bit of kit though....Got me drooling 🤤 🦆

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Just thinking of people who could be dangled off one of those........or a series of them.................
Ooh you just reminded me of a scene from one of my favourite films " way of the gun "
They actually use one of those to torture a body guard and threatening to slice his eyeballs and pour petrol in em to stop him passing out...
Top film..
They just don't make romantic films like that no more..
Good film I highly recommend it 👍 🦆

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I use a rear paddock stand and a ratchet strap through the handlebars to lift the whole bike off the floor. I have several chunky oak beams to choose from.
Landlady's garage roof was done on the cheap..
I always think its gonna collapse when the cat sits on it 😒 🦆

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
OK...After thinking long and hard about upgrading to a bigger bike I've decided it makes sense to stay with the versys...
Don't mean I can't dream though from time to time...
So now I'm thinking about fitting a centre stand..They range in price from £79 - £260 from what I've been looking at...
View attachment 21091

However seeing our @Don the Don post on his hydraulic lift got me thinking about other options that may actually prove to be much more useful..
So I was looking at one of these..
Anyone had one got one or know if they are any good...
Would this be a more beneficial tool than having a standard centre stand
View attachment 21092

I've never used one myself and have no knowledge of them but I understand you can do anything to your bike with them from working on forks to changing oil or general maintenance or over winter storage...
It seems a better choice...
Ideas and opinions on a postcard please...:)🦆
As @Public Enemy said, a centre stand won't fit due to the aftermarket exhaust. It's a full system not just the end can.

That's done you a favour though cos they are ludicrously expensive. Especially when compared to something like that Constand you've found. Or one of these...

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
OK...After thinking long and hard about upgrading to a bigger bike I've decided it makes sense to stay with the versys...
Don't mean I can't dream though from time to time...
So now I'm thinking about fitting a centre stand..They range in price from £79 - £260 from what I've been looking at...
View attachment 21091

However seeing our @Don the Don post on his hydraulic lift got me thinking about other options that may actually prove to be much more useful..
So I was looking at one of these..
Anyone had one got one or know if they are any good...
Would this be a more beneficial tool than having a standard centre stand
View attachment 21092

I've never used one myself and have no knowledge of them but I understand you can do anything to your bike with them from working on forks to changing oil or general maintenance or over winter storage...
It seems a better choice...
Ideas and opinions on a postcard please...:)🦆
I would make sure that the item includes the specific adaptor plate for your bike should you decide to go down this route, I know a guy who has one for his 650 Honda Transalp it was cheaper than a Honda centre stand, "But" again a specific adaptor is required to fit your bike. "make sure first"

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Thumbs up for Abba stands - you buy the stand and the adaptor for your specific bike.

Today I have been chatting to my mechanic about how to change the horn on the GS.

Apparently, I don't need to remove lots of bodywork, but I do need a torc allen key type thing to get in the limited space available.

Ordered from Ebay for £5 - better than hours spent removing bodywork!

DS

Last edited:

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
No choice up here. Helping out with a barn conversion and the roads are a mass of mud, grit and rotting leaves spread by logging trucks. Not a day for heroics! It'll be some clean up job tomorrow.
I know exactly what you mean wit mud and leaves..Our lane is covered making it dangerous as fuck for any vehicle but a motorbike would be lethal.
This amazon delivery van a few nights ago had skidded on the leaves on the lane going up to mine and broadsided it completely wedging the van on in-between the embankments totally blocking the lane..it was nearly midnight by the time we dug him out and a recovery vehicle turned up to pull him out..
I'd love to go out on the bike but I don't think I'd make it down the lane without serious risk to the bike...🦆
Screenshot_20221028-075807_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221028-075815_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221028-075819_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221028-075822_Gallery.jpg

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Glorious ride yesterday - bit of drizzle at start but that soon cleared.

3 hours taking in cheese shop and cafe - countryside looking beautiful.

Took it easy as first trip on twisties with new tyres, and a lot of shit on the roads.

Really felt like what biking is all about :)

DS