What have you done to your bike today....

T

The Departed

Quick blast check if was ok couldn't find any milk but I did find the repainted petrol tank, the inner fuel trim paint had bubbled. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be able to peel it without it falling in the tank; however, one or two tiny fragments might have dropped in.

Do you think that will dissolve in the petrol, or it might affect the fuel pump?

20210226_145241.jpg

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Quick blast check if was ok couldn't find any milk but I did find the repainted petrol tank, the inner fuel trim paint had bubbled. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be able to peel it without it falling in the tank; however, one or two tiny fragments might have dropped in.

Do you think that will dissolve in the petrol, or it might affect the fuel pump?

View attachment 4099
Bike looks well smart BB3. Was it all covered in salt dust after? Mine was.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Well bright blue skies proved too much temptation but nothing challenges me like a Road Closed sign.
Whatever, it wasn’t. Edinburgh’s reservoirs are over brimming and the snow is left in the high corries and sheltered Northern slopes. I ended up doing my Moffat loop but the sun was deceptive. It’s still February 🥶
View attachment 4092
Great roads @Sarky B’stard I used to do those and up around the Beef Tub, or the Selkirk road from Moffat and stop at St Marys Loch at the old wooden cafe that was there, don't know if it's still going

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Great roads @Sarky B’stard I used to do those and up around the Beef Tub, or the Selkirk road from Moffat and stop at St Marys Loch at the old wooden cafe that was there, don't know if it's still going
Still there and still looking like it’s in danger of imminent collapse. Three bikes outside its Covid locked doors this a.m. Otherwise pretty quiet but plenty of water coming over the Grey Mare’s Tail.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi

View attachment 4099
Bike looks mint mate (y)

:unsure: Looks like there were a lot of car drivers that got the milk before you arrived! 🤪

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Been doing too fucking much!

Done all the planned jobs, so just an oil and filter change to finish, but...

After putting sump plug back in and leaving it overnight before refilling as filter hadn't arrived, I notice a little drip of oil.

Turns out there is a crack from the sump plug. Upon removal and properly getting under it with my camera, notice chip of metal missing form where plug goes.

Now either I over-tightened it, which while possible seems unlikely as I used a torque wrench, or it was damaged before and being undone and redone caused the crack to grow.

So that's radiator off, oil cooler off, exhaust off and then sump off!

Now I got the bike as a project, but I wish this had happened a few months ago, not when I'd got all excited at the thought of a proper test run :(

At least the garage is now warm!

DS

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Been doing too fucking much!

Done all the planned jobs, so just an oil and filter change to finish, but...

After putting sump plug back in and leaving it overnight before refilling as filter hadn't arrived, I notice a little drip of oil.

Turns out there is a crack from the sump plug. Upon removal and properly getting under it with my camera, notice chip of metal missing form where plug goes.

Now either I over-tightened it, which while possible seems unlikely as I used a torque wrench, or it was damaged before and being undone and redone caused the crack to grow.

So that's radiator off, oil cooler off, exhaust off and then sump off!

Now I got the bike as a project, but I wish this had happened a few months ago, not when I'd got all excited at the thought of a proper test run :(

At least the garage is now warm!

DS
Can your handy neighbour weld it? Or does the crack encroach on the threads?