What have you done to your bike today....

Steve 998cc

Legendary Knight
Kwak Z1000 flew through MOT not bad for an 18 year old bike. Just the 22 year old 1200 Bandit at the end of the month to if if I can get the header pipes off to change exhaust. Origanl exaust on but with Suzukis usual engineering design brilliance the joint is mild steel between the headers and the centre section water trap the rest is perfect which is s/steel. Allan bolts hold headers to head
2 cans plus gas so far got 1 out rest refuse to move any ideas please

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
2 cans plus gas so far got 1 out rest refuse to move any ideas please
A 50/50 mixture of ATF & acetone.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Had a bit of a scrub around the rear end of the Bonneville. A horrible gritty, greasy, grimy mess has built up around the main stand and swing arm. So, toothbrushes and paraffin have removed it all, revealing some surface rust which will get treated in warmer, drier weather. Off to Red Marley Hill Climb on Monday, so it will come off SORN for the season.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
A nice new Avon Roadrider front tyre fitted for the Bonneville. With a new Michelin airstop tube, I had to over-inflate to 80 psi+ to get the bead to seat, but it seems well balanced after a couple of spins with the caliper removed. Also cleaned and lubed the caliper and pads, all looks good.
1000003126.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
A nice new Avon Roadrider front tyre fitted for the Bonneville. With a new Michelin airstop tube, I had to over-inflate to 80 psi+ to get the bead to seat, but it seems well balanced after a couple of spins with the caliper removed. Also cleaned and lubed the caliper and pads, all looks good.
View attachment 29425
Nice choice, keep us informed how you like those Avon's, I was looking at those for a potential replacement on my bike