What have you done to your bike today....

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Took it for a ride in the sunshine. AT LAST!!!
43 year old Honda 900 and Nick's 21 year old R1100s.
Both looking well in the sunshine. They do, however, remind you of how easy modern bikes are to ride!
But, considering we overhauled them both, they never once felt like they'd let us down.
We were out for a couple of hours plus breakfast stop at Yondermann cafe.
Wouldn't want to do much more in one go. But we only did them up to take to local bike shows etc. 20240430_101808.jpg20240430_101826.jpg20240430_123855.jpg20240430_123920.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Both looking well in the sunshine. They do, however, remind you of how easy modern bikes are to ride!
But, considering we overhauled them both, they never once felt like they'd let us down.
Wouldn't want to do much more in one go. But we only did them up to take to local bike shows etc. View attachment 29790View attachment 29791View attachment 29792View attachment 29793
Both bikes look great, a job well done

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
Wouldn't want to do much more in one go. But we only did them up to take to local bike shows etc. View attachment 29790View attachment 29791View attachment 29792View attachment 29793
Nice bikes

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
maybe they will get a bit better with some miles on them @Scrappy and the oils in the compounds have dried out....."Pirelli" Italian mate slippery as feck they are too much olive oil

You were absolutely right Don. I took the Guzzi out today, after first giving the tyres a very light rub over with 120 grit sandpaper, and whether it was that, or it being warm and dry as opposed to cold and damp, but within a few miles the tyres felt fine and it didn't take long to build confidence on them. I had a great fun ride in almost perfect weather, I really enjoyed myself 😁😉