What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I rather suspect that it's most likely that I have unwittingly dislodged something given that it had never once had this problem before I took the tank off even though I didn't really touch anything and the only thing that could have been bumped accidentally was the air temperature sensor on the top of the airbox (it's a gen 2 motor and I don't believe the Gen1 had this?). Either that or, given how brittle the wires for the fuel level sender were, that the core of some other wire has broken. I will do some investigation and testing. If the worst comes to the worst I will simply do some substitution testing by swapping parts with my yellow Sprint.

Trapped breather pipe? :unsure: - I always have to double check if I've raised the tank on my Street Triple, as its too easy to get one of the pipes kinked or trapped.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
I like a grab rail for manhandling the bike around and it's a locus for bungees when carrying shite. I don't often carry a pillion, usually one of the daughters but they (and I) prefer bracing against a grab rail rather than trying to find a bit of riders fat to grab if I am too quick with the throttle

Never used them myself as Ms S only comes out on the GS with top box rather than the Daytona, but I've heard good reports about those 'love handle' belts for pillions on more lively machines.

DS

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
I rather suspect that it's most likely that I have unwittingly dislodged something given that it had never once had this problem before I took the tank off even though I didn't really touch anything and the only thing that could have been bumped accidentally was the air temperature sensor on the top of the airbox (it's a gen 2 motor and I don't believe the Gen1 had this?). Either that or, given how brittle the wires for the fuel level sender were, that the core of some other wire has broken. I will do some investigation and testing. If the worst comes to the worst I will simply do some substitution testing by swapping parts with my yellow Sprint.

Good luck getting that sorted.

I'm dreading similar after having to go deeper into the Daytona than intended - have I disturbed anything that was only hanging on and functioning by a whisker that now needs replacing.

Starting to think that next bike I plan to do a lot of tinkering on should be air-cooled and carbs!

DS

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Replaced the broken indicator with a pattern one off flea bay. Not a bad match.
122309C9-16F4-4E96-B6F1-90BDB53208B6.jpeg
43440AAA-9B6B-4B71-8DC4-81BEA3BCD68A.jpeg
Now back to the Aprilia, body work off again to drain the coolant & put in the De-ionised water ready for racing. Also got to drop the wheels out & put in another set with scrubs on for the test day as the ones in there will do a race day.

268D2BE7-D21D-41F6-B33A-BCEBB36E048E.jpeg
1ee408d4-4d4a-47d2-a596-a7e9380bf2e7-jpeg.4392
58614FC0-58FE-490C-9CF1-D29721F1496C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1EE408D4-4D4A-47D2-A596-A7E9380BF2E7.jpeg
    1EE408D4-4D4A-47D2-A596-A7E9380BF2E7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Replaced the broken indicator with a pattern one off flea bay. Not a bad match.
View attachment 4389
View attachment 4390
Now back to the Aprilia, body work off again to drain the coolant & put in the De-ionised water ready for racing. Also got to drop the wheels out & put in another set with scrubs on for the test day as the ones in there will do a race day.

View attachment 4391
1ee408d4-4d4a-47d2-a596-a7e9380bf2e7-jpeg.4392
View attachment 4393
Coolant done, took out the butchered sump plug & replaced with a new one, managed to do this with minimal oil loss, didn’t have the new sump plug in time for the oil change & needed it ready for track day that never happened! 16C98755-2CF2-4E66-8569-C4A906797B2C.jpegEF6D15D8-6338-4CE2-9681-D3434C704E02.jpeg

chas

Legendary Knight
Took a run over to 'The Mammy' as her phone line had stopped working and got an engineer booked.
Nice mix of fast A roads and twisty B roads but some spirited riding has made me want to dig into the suspension on the Trip a bit. It's either on 'FatBastard' or 'Incompetent' settings. Got a bit buckaroo at times. It's a bit reluctant to turn in too but that could be the squared off rear courtesy of prev owner, I'll stick a fresh boot on around Easter once I start using it more.

JtC

Sword of Fenrir
Sadly, not much since the middle of January. We had a couple of unridable weeks -very unusual here (actually got about 4 inches of snow), then I started this retirement fiasco, and the full time telework is a pain in the ass.

At least I've kept the trickle charger on both bikes so they are ready when I get ready.

I hope everyone is getting some good seat time, I'll try to catch up soon!