What have you done to your bike today....

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Just completed my "recreation" and/or "essential" shopping trip on the Monster 😁. You begin to forget just how shit you feel being imprisoned indoors, the ride on the bike really is much needed therapy.
Chomping at the bit for that feeling mate, should have already done Brands, and be at Donington next Monday for trackdays, looking like I will be picking up the new road bike a week Saturday so looking forward to that. :cool:

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Nipped over to see an old comrade [older guy, safe distance you understand] and while there he offers me his Triumph T100 as he has to give up riding on medical grounds and would like it to go to a new home he trusted,
Now I had no desire at first for a 2013 Bonnie T100 BUT he offered it at such a good price full service low miles immaculate I said okay and did the deed so I have a Bonnie to keep my Speedmaster happy,

I also fitted to the Speedmaster a Motone Headlight battery saver cable I hate headlights than come on with the ignition so for £20 odd bucks I fitted this cable that places between the headlamp wiring block and Bulb and it has a relay in the system, "Now" ignition on no fugging headlight untill I activate the headlight switch which then gives me high or low, I will now get another for the Bonnie, a busy rewarding day.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Nipped over to see an old comrade [older guy, safe distance you understand] and while there he offers me his Triumph T100 as he has to give up riding on medical grounds and would like it to go to a new home he trusted,
Now I had no desire at first for a 2013 Bonnie T100 BUT he offered it at such a good price full service low miles immaculate I said okay and did the deed so I have a Bonnie to keep my Speedmaster happy,

I also fitted to the Speedmaster a Motone Headlight battery saver cable I hate headlights than come on with the ignition so for £20 odd bucks I fitted this cable that places between the headlamp wiring block and Bulb and it has a relay in the system, "Now" ignition on no fugging headlight untill I activate the headlight switch which then gives me high or low, I will now get another for the Bonnie, a busy rewarding day.
Sounds like a worthwhile trip mate, any trip that ends up with a fella owning another motorcycle is a good trip in my book! :cool:

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member

Photos or it never happened. You know the rules!!

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
That's a result, although its a shame your mate is no longer able to ride.
We served together for many years he is a lot older than me and has had some serious medical issues off late that renders him incapable of riding or driving it came on gradual he used to have a K75 fully faired job and had the bonnie as it was easier to ride, I hate seeing a good man deteriorate like this when there are enough swine's on this planet that deserve worse, sometimes I wonder who is the bigger barsteward me or him up there.

chas

Legendary Knight
We served together for many years he is a lot older than me and has had some serious medical issues off late that renders him incapable of riding or driving it came on gradual he used to have a K75 fully faired job and had the bonnie as it was easier to ride, I hate seeing a good man deteriorate like this when there are enough swine's on this planet that deserve worse, sometimes I wonder who is the bigger barsteward me or him up there.
I'll raise a glass to your mate Don.
It's something I've quoted in the past when some of my heroes have passed but it's applicable
As I get older it seems the stars in my universe are dimming.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
My missus was in for a CT scan on her Bowel today and she came out very sad because there was a 'lovely old couple' in the hospital who had gotten talking to her. They had been married for fifty years and the wife was in the terminal stages, riddled with cancer. My old mother had a neighbour who was a devout Catholic. She had been given up for adoption at birth and felt she had to serve the world in return for the kindness she had received from her adopted family. She felt no malice despite having been married to a miserable alcoholic and then, after her husband died from cancer and drink, she waited on his father, a miserable old sod, hand and foot and took nothing for it from him (not that he ever offered) and she took terminal cancer patients into her small flat each summer to give them a holiday by the seaside and looked after and fed them and, after all that she fell ill with pancreatic cancer and died a fairly drawn out and painful death. Despite all that she never lost her faith, felt sorry for herself or gave in.

Can't help but feel that God has a funny way of showing his love to his creations at times. I know that some sects of Christianity believe that life on Earth is the real Hell and I sometimes wonder if they don't have it right.

Glyn

Legendary Knight
Chomping at the bit for that feeling mate, should have already done Brands, and be at Donington next Monday for trackdays, looking like I will be picking up the new road bike a week Saturday so looking forward to that. :cool:
Billy my cousin has an RC8R that he’s had since new and rode about six times, if you’re interested I’ll give him a bell

chas

Legendary Knight
Can't help but feel that God has a funny way of showing his love to his creations at times. I know that some sects of Christianity believe that life on Earth is the real Hell and I sometimes wonder if they don't have it right.

First off hope your missus is ok and the scan was routine

Without turning this into a theology tangent the bit I've quoted is what prevents faith in me. If there is a creator, seems he's lost interest.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Billy my cousin has an RC8R that he’s had since new and rode about six times, if you’re interested I’ll give him a bell
Cheers for the thought Glyn but already bought a Superduke for the road. The last road bike I had before I started racing was an RC8, didn’t end well, wrote it off after hitting spilled diesel, it was a stunning bike but fucking uncomfortable!