What have you done to your bike today....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Gave the Street Triple its first run since the 12k service.

View attachment 4722

Gorgeous morning, quite a few other bikes out, and loads of f#cking lycra clad knobs on bicycles, many in groups. Lockdown and social distancing, obviously doesn't apply to them. Neither does the highway code, as they are supposed to be riding single file on blind bends and where there is restricted room...

Hump back bridge with blind summit:
View attachment 4723

Blind right bend:
View attachment 4724

And then left:
View attachment 4725

Is that Medbourne on the B664 near Market Harborough?

DS

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Yes I'm up for that, never been to Buttercups.

It's not exactly what'd be considered a 'biker haunt' :)

But it's pleasant enough to sit in and you can get a cuppa and cake - breakfasts are pricey though. They were doing take away during lockdown.

It's a place to take elderly relatives, teenagers on custody days, or for parents of young kids to meet - which sounds far more horrid than it actually is.

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I was out for a nice run around today. Down Loch Lomond side then up that little hidden gem that is Glen Douglas which comes out above Loch Long, down onto Loch Long side and south towards Helensburgh. Disappointed to see that HMS Queen Elizabeth II seems to have already left the quay at Glen Mallan. Over from Helensburgh and back up the side of Loch Lomond and back home. Met one of those Lycra clad twats on a tight, blind bend on the Glen Douglas road, he came round the bend on the Left Hand side! If he had swerve out of my way and sadly only almost fell off. Would have been rewarding to see him rolling down the hillside! On an interesting side not, when I pulled Bonnie Britt out of the shed to start the run her Odometer was showing 7777.7 miles.
IMG_20210321_160113_resized_20210321_053840975.jpg
IMG_20210321_154826_resized_20210321_053841946.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Well I was out for a nice run around today. Down Loch Lomond side then up that little hidden gem that is Glen Douglas which comes out above Loch Long, down onto Loch Long side and south towards Helensburgh. Disappointed to see that HMS Queen Elizabeth II seems to have already left the quay at Glen Mallan. Over from Helensburgh and back up the side of Loch Lomond and back home. Met one of those Lycra clad twats on a tight, blind bend on the Glen Douglas road, he came round the bend on the Left Hand side! If he had swerve out of my way and sadly only almost fell off. Would have been rewarding to see him rolling down the hillside! On an interesting side not, when I pulled Bonnie Britt out of the shed to start the run her Odometer was showing 7777.7 miles.
View attachment 4728
View attachment 4729
Great pic's @MartytheMartian bike looks ace

chas

Legendary Knight
Took a run out over the same route that had kicked and bucked last week and backing off the suspension was def better. I'll wait till I've fresh rubber on the back before tweaking any more. The bit of tread that holds the wear indicator has nearly disappeared so I think that'll be done in a week or so.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Picked up the T100 today and got here safe and sound back home even managed a cheeky run home the scenic route, on the other hand I had to have a good luck at my requirements as far as bikes go and I realised that with my bad knee the old Transalp that I have had for 20 years was becoming an awkward beast, it is very high having had a larger shock linkage fitted at some time so even at 6ft 4" I could not get both feet on the ground and she was top heavy.
To this I decided she had to go and I sold her to a local lad who has always admired her and I have seen catching the bus to work so now he has a bike to learn on and can save for a newer one at a later date, I had the good fortune of getting the Bonnie at a very low price so I thought it was good Karma to let someone else have a good deal so I let the lad have it for a reasonable price, he was like a dog with a new dick the smile on his face was worth it so for once I followed my own advice and: knew when to hold them, knew when to fold them, knew when to walk away, knew when to run, 😢 "But" it's shopping time now where did I put that list for Bonnie parts 😎

View attachment 4701
I have a genuine Triumph rack/grabrail & a locking fuel cap if you're interested Don? Both are brand new in their boxes.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
My Kawasaki Versys needs a new home.
Purchasing it after selling Annie my T100 to @Public Enemy & "allegedly" giving up bikes. Was a seriously dumb move.
My feeble excuse was/is I needed a bike in the garage. That worked out great, cos I still do have a bike on the garage but unfortunately it's safer for me if it stays there.
On top of the dumb arse decision to purchase it last September. I then set about adding a load of upgrades. The (ridiculous) idea was that if I spent a fortune on it. That would prevent me from selling it due to the money I'd lose in the process.
Anyway, it wasn't one of my best financial decisions but life's a learning curve eh! 🙂
Before I bang on about how it's the best example of a MK3 2015 Versys 650 you will find anywhere. I'll let @BAD LUCK DUCK give you his unbiased opinion. He saw it in the metal the other day & seemed to be suitable impressed.
All I'll say in advance is Annie was extremely tidy but I could have picked very minor fault with her. But the Versys is better.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
What two wheeler are you getting next? I give it a max of two weeks from the Versys going to you picking up another bike.
I won't make the same mistake again Marty.
The Versys is absolutely awesome mate. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me & neither will any other bike 😔
My mate Gaz rode it home from Ipswich for me. He was happy to do so but he already had a downer on the 650 Versys having ridden one years prior & hated it. His opinion of mine was totally different.
Ipswich is just over 100 miles from me. We set off at the same time but he needed to get fuel.
And said he wasn't using the A14. Instead he was gonna use a cross country twisty route.
Long story short, I guesstimated his eta at our house. Then knocked off 20 minutes cos he's the fastest rider I've known in 35+yrs.
I called Mrs DD to say to expect him asap.
She was in her car with Gaz & halfway to his house. After having had a good chat about the bike when he initially turned up! 😳
He said I owed him a pair of toe sliders & claimed my Versys was nothing like the Versys he'd ridden previously & hated! 🙂

But it still needs a new home Marty.

chas

Legendary Knight
Purchasing it after selling Annie my T100 to @Public Enemy & "allegedly" giving up bikes. Was a seriously dumb move.
My feeble excuse was/is I needed a bike in the garage. That worked out great, cos I still do have a bike on the garage but unfortunately it's safer for me if it stays there.
On top of the dumb arse decision to purchase it last September. I then set about adding a load of upgrades. The (ridiculous) idea was that if I spent a fortune on it. That would prevent me from selling it due to the money I'd lose in the process.
Anyway, it wasn't one of my best financial decisions but life's a learning curve eh! 🙂
Before I bang on about how it's the best example of a MK3 2015 Versys 650 you will find anywhere. I'll let @BAD LUCK DUCK give you his unbiased opinion. He saw it in the metal the other day & seemed to be suitable impressed.
All I'll say in advance is Annie was extremely tidy but I could have picked very minor fault with her. But the Versys is better.
Sorry to hear that mate, genuinely gutted for you.

On the bright side I'm guessing you didn't get round to fitting the crash bars.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I can vouch for @DD67 and the versys....The bike is immaculate and I would have had it in the blink of an eye...Sounds absolutely awesome with the new exhaust which I think improves the look of the bike also..I've never sat on a versys but I understand they are more suited for a taller rider...
someone is going to get a very very tidy bike..
For me personally though the orange stripe would have to come off and maybe a black stripe or black chequered strip...
Its still a hell of a bike...