What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well I took a quick spin out today just to blow away the cobwebs even though it's been damp and grey all day here. Unfortunately one road out of my village is closed from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, at the moment as apparently there is some sort of fungus in the larch trees up that way that means the forestry have been ordered to be destroy them and. until they are finished (expected to be June 🤬 ) they will be following this closure pattern and the other road is littered with gravel and needs some patching. Not the greatest fun and, of course, just about everywhere they have roadworks in place because it's the end of the financial year. Buggers better have it sorted for when/if the good weather arrives!
Werewolf related incident then..its always werewolves when they close anything in rural Scotland 🦆

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I've taken a sizeable deposit on my bike. With collection to be arranged at a future date to suit myself & the buyer.
When it's gone, I may still continue to associate with you scummy oik bikers?
Or join a Mercedes-Benz forum to converse with a better class of person 🤔 😉

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Somehow I don't think you will find a 'better class of person' on a forum for Merc owners!
That's why I aint joined a jag forum...
People on here suit me just fine and I've made a couple of what I consider good mates amongst are little motorbike community...
I'm hoping to meet a few more of you yet....

Believe it or not I'm particularly looking forward to meeting our very own @BB3Lions 😳

T

The Departed

That's why I aint joined a jag forum...
People on here suit me just fine and I've made a couple of what I consider good mates amongst are little motorbike community...
I'm hoping to meet a few more of you yet....

Believe it or not I'm particularly looking forward to meeting our very own @BB3Lions 😳

Been trying to organise a meet since December, no one bothers so cba. I'm going to go to the GMU at TTF at least they make decisions.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I'll have to buy a new one since that slag put it in the auction.
Would that be the same "slag" that then failed to mention that it was his idea. Whilst allowing you to take untold amounts of unwarranted shit for putting it in the raffle?
Aka, the same Geordie Hobbit that was laughing his cock off when you & I were removed from the forum. But was absolutely mortified when his thoroughly decent Geordie mate walked away as well? 🤣
A classic case of be careful what you wish for eh! 😉

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
I may still continue to associate with you scummy oik bikers?
Or join a Mercedes-Benz forum to converse with a better class of person
The reason we are all here is not just bikes we can get that on any bike related forum, we are here because our banter was deemed inappropriate for the delicate souls on another forum, it's the banter I like, start a 4 wheel section and continue as you are, this forum works as it is 👍

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
A pretty awful set of photos but it might demonstrate my idea of how to make a fairly boring (compared with 190mph exotica bikes) but incredibly competent bike look a bit different & eye catching?
I'm a firm believer in the idea that customised bikes should be built not bought. A "factory custom" ain't a custom bike in my book.
Unfortunately, my idea of what works, isn't always others folks idea of what works.
20210331_142720.jpg
20210401_010210.jpg
20210331_142744.jpg20201005_174144.jpg

The Versys was more of a mild makeover. Compared to this. It started life (pre crash) as a Triumph Sprint 1050ST...
20140416_150709_resized.jpg
20140416_144526_resized_1_resized.jpg
IMHO, the 1050ST was a great bike, but a seriously boring looking bike. Minus its fairing & a few other mods, it makes a cracking Streetfighter 🙂

Or more mainstream (boring) 1200 Bandits are dead easy to customise 🙂...
DSC00556 (1).JPG