What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Bike looking great @Scrappy I bet it's chalk and cheese with the Ducati

Thanks Don, yes they are very different. The Bonneville whilst maybe not being comparatively quick, I find is really versatile in that you can ride to match your mood, it can be easy and laid back, but it also likes being pushed. Most of my ride yesterday was just taking it easy and enjoying my surroundings, but on the way home I had some fun through some twisties and even though I was having a laugh ;), it was such a nice smooth flowing ride :)

chas

Legendary Knight
A pretty awful set of photos but it might demonstrate my idea of how to make a fairly boring (compared with 190mph exotica bikes) but incredibly competent bike look a bit different & eye catching?
I'm a firm believer in the idea that customised bikes should be built not bought. A "factory custom" ain't a custom bike in my book.
Unfortunately, my idea of what works, isn't always others folks idea of what works.
View attachment 5062
View attachment 5063
View attachment 5064View attachment 5065

The Versys was more of a mild makeover. Compared to this. It started life (pre crash) as a Triumph Sprint 1050ST...
View attachment 5066
View attachment 5067
IMHO, the 1050ST was a great bike, but a seriously boring looking bike. Minus its fairing & a few other mods, it makes a cracking Streetfighter 🙂

Or more mainstream (boring) 1200 Bandits are dead easy to customise 🙂...
View attachment 5068
Christ DD, you *do* like a sticker

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
It does seem out of proportion, my diesel car costs less 😕 - Still I'd rather have a flat rate for bikes, than have to go through emissions testing.
Seemingly diesel cars that cost peanuts to tax only get that low RFL rate if they are fitted with "Stop-Start"?
But the driver can disable it at the touch of a button.
A truly crazy concept, but great for the owner 🙂

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
What about a flat rate for exhaust fiddlers and emissions based for those of us who run standard pipes?

No 😨 because I think that would open a can of worms, like leading to some daft type approval idea again. Also to check for exhaust fiddlers you would have to subject all bikes to emissions tests to make sure a stock looking exhaust has not been modified, then you have the problem of those who have not altered the factory exhaust but might still fail an emissions test, all gets complicated and potentially more costly 🤔

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The sun was out and the sky was blue today so I went out for a spin around the Cowal area. They could do with fixing the potholes on some of the roads and get rid of the gravel up the middle but it's not hard to find a good view as there is one around nearly every corner. I have to say that the Sprint RS, especially with the large rear cog this one has has searing acceleration when it hits the sweet spot. Handling ain't to shabby either and, apart from this example being a little tatty I can't deny that she is a sweet looking machine! I do have to say though that she is not suited to bumpy, rutted single track road covered in loose gravel and pebbles!

pic1.jpg

Attachments

• InkedPic2_LI.jpg
    InkedPic2_LI.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • InkedPic3_LI.jpg
    InkedPic3_LI.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • InkedPic4_LI.jpg
    InkedPic4_LI.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • InkedPic5_LI.jpg
    InkedPic5_LI.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9

chas

Legendary Knight
The sun was out and the sky was blue today so I went out for a spin around the Cowal area. They could do with fixing the potholes on some of the roads and get rid of the gravel up the middle but it's not hard to find a good view as there is one around nearly every corner. I have to say that the Sprint RS, especially with the large rear cog this one has has searing acceleration when it hits the sweet spot. Handling ain't to shabby either and, apart from this example being a little tatty I can't deny that she is a sweet looking machine! I do have to say though that she is not suited to bumpy, rutted single track road covered in loose gravel and pebbles!

View attachment 5077
It's an honest bike Marty, nothing shabby about that.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
No 😨 because I think that would open a can of worms, like leading to some daft type approval idea again. Also to check for exhaust fiddlers you would have to subject all bikes to emissions tests to make sure a stock looking exhaust has not been modified, then you have the problem of those who have not altered the factory exhaust but might still fail an emissions test, all gets complicated and potentially more costly 🤔
It would be a pass or fail, simple.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck

View attachment 5077
I can vouch for the single track malarkey...ouch...🤣

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Yesterday was a grand day, so I took the Bonnie for a wee run to warm her up and then changed oil, filter, and fitted the oil drain valve and did a good service on her all adjustments and then a clean, happy now knowing it's as I like it and has been serviced properly.

The Sprint looks good @MartytheMartian glad you had a good ride out and appear more cheerful than usual, life ain't bad mate as long as your are breathing you are on to a winner.