What have you done to your bike today....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Well not out on my bike today, but on my neighbour's!

Older chap has a few older BMWs and asked if I fancied a ride on his R100 GS. So we had a nice bimble out for a cuppa and a cake - he rode his RT.

Very interesting - totally adequate for fun on smaller A and B roads, and more appealing off road than my 1200.

DS

Attachments

• Andy's R100 GS May 21.JPG
    Andy's R100 GS May 21.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8

Freck

Legendary Knight
Well not out on my bike today, but on my neighbour's!

Older chap has a few older BMWs and asked if I fancied a ride on his R100 GS. So we had a nice bimble out for a cuppa and a cake - he rode his RT.

Very interesting - totally adequate for fun on smaller A and B roads, and more appealing off road than my 1200.

DS
How old is that one Doc? Looks in decent nick if it’s as old as I’m thinking (y)

chas

Legendary Knight
I was going to change my pads on the front today but (despite having a set to hand) identified what was in there as SBS HH and had plenty of meat on them so just flushed the fluid. Brakes def have more feel now but might relinquish my inner 'howfuckingmuch' if they don't give the 'bite' I want and bin some servicable pads.

I know. Fucking shocking.

half ton

Legendary Knight
First let down in 7 yrs,took the Bonnie to work yesterday for an eye test and she stalled going through the gate.....would not restart,Off into town for the eye test and on return still no start,Son ran me out a can of WD40 as I've been using her in some very wet rides and had washed her that morning, I sprayed side stand switch,clutch switch,kill button etc....vroom away she went....got about 1/2 mile and she cut out on a roundabout,more spray but no joy so pushed her a mile to my brothers house and son ran me home.
ignition pick up coil being ordered today and a gasket hopefully thats all it is as fitted a TTP coil last year..
so am now bike and car less...feckin hate relying on family for a lift

chas

Legendary Knight
First let down in 7 yrs,took the Bonnie to work yesterday for an eye test and she stalled going through the gate.....would not restart,Off into town for the eye test and on return still no start,Son ran me out a can of WD40 as I've been using her in some very wet rides and had washed her that morning, I sprayed side stand switch,clutch switch,kill button etc....vroom away she went....got about 1/2 mile and she cut out on a roundabout,more spray but no joy so pushed her a mile to my brothers house and son ran me home.
ignition pick up coil being ordered today and a gasket hopefully thats all it is as fitted a TTP coil last year..
so am now bike and car less...feckin hate relying on family for a lift
Hope you get sorted out soon mate

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
I was going to change my pads on the front today but (despite having a set to hand) identified what was in there as SBS HH and had plenty of meat on them so just flushed the fluid. Brakes def have more feel now but might relinquish my inner 'howfuckingmuch' if they don't give the 'bite' I want and bin some servicable pads.

I know. Fucking shocking.

What are the hoses like? That could be it if the fluid and pads are all OK. Braided ones still need regular replacing - it's on my to-do list for the Daytona.

DS

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Yesterday was a mixed bag of bollox for me..My car wentScreenshot_20210510-140619_Gallery.jpg kaput the wife's car went kaput and came back on a recovery lorry..The wife was cheesing me off big time so I went and picked up a friend and took her out for a spin..Now that's what biking should be all about..lots of smile and a thoroughly enjoyable ride out and about..Found a nice tunnel to go through near Manchester somewhere and went through it three times just to hear the exhaust rip through the silence..Even the nail in the rear tyre could not take away the pleasure of riding a bike in good company..Screenshot_20210510-085659_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210510-140407_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210510-140446_Gallery.jpg

chas

Legendary Knight
Jeez Bad luck do seem to follow you around. That Nerg the Nail doesn't half get around. Fortunately, touch wood, he hasn't discovered Argyllshire yet. Haven't had a nailed tyre on car or bike in the last ten years around here.
You bloody idiot 😁
You've said it out loud.

The house is now taking bets as to when Marty will get a nail in his tyre.
Tomorrow. 10/1
Next three days 5/1
Within a week evens.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Yesterday was a mixed bag of bollox for me..My car wentView attachment 6263 kaput the wife's car went kaput and came back on a recovery lorry..The wife was cheesing me off big time so I went and picked up a friend and took her out for a spin..Now that's what biking should be all about..lots of smile and a thoroughly enjoyable ride out and about..Found a nice tunnel to go through near Manchester somewhere and went through it three times just to hear the exhaust rip through the silence..Even the nail in the rear tyre could not take away the pleasure of riding a bike in good company..View attachment 6260View attachment 6261View attachment 6262
@DD67 the wife says that a bulb as gone on the headlight..I said that is how the bike is.. could you please confirm which one of us is right please...

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Just googled your bike, and all t'pics of em being ridden, have just t'reyt un working.

bg_17MY_Versys650_T5_AN7I9661.jpg

kawasaki-versys-650-2010-review-used-guide-(4).ashx