What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
@BAD LUCK DUCK
As several of us have been where you are now.
If the only thing holding you back is a deposit to rent a new place?
I know a guy who's a dab hand at getting folk to chip in to a good cause. Gimme a shout & I'll give him a nudge to rattle the charitable donations tin on your behalf 🙂
Not necessary..Thanks for the thought...I will work everything out somehow..

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I won't be flying far due to financial restrictions but I've had it..Was pushing me over the edge and I'm not 100% sure I was going to make it if you know what I mean...Its taken a while to convince myself it's time to call it quits but now I'm pretty sure she feels the same so I've started the ball rolling and just need to sit down and work out the details..
She ain't gonna like it..
Good luck with that brother. Hope it works out for you.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Went to collect prescriptions (more on that in piss boiling thread....) and half way there and I'm thinking the gear change feels a bit funny.

Yeah, footpeg is slowly revolving round out of position. So, straightened it up and carried on.

Just spent the last hour trying to get an Allen key in the head of its retaining bolt. The chain is in the way... But yes, managed it. Black hand gang, but it's done. What a dumb ass fitting.

Freck

Legendary Knight
Ouch not yet..I got to go Manchester early tomorrow morning..once I've been there I will find a tyre place that does puncture repairs and pull it out..if it goes down then they can fix it...
At least that's the plan...
Take it easy on the ride fella, there’s always the chance of the tyre going down quickly if the nail comes out or even goes into the tyre.
Don’t want you coming a cropper with your new baby. :oops:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I can't say I would risk riding with a nail in. I did it once many moons ago when I came out of my work and discovered I had picked one up in the back tyre. After about two miles the back end started to become difficult to control. Though the nail hadn't come out air had escaped around it and the hole had gotten bigger as the nail had found itself room to move. Of course being the safety conscious biker I am I slung a rubber patch over the inside of the tyre and fitted an inner tube 😁