What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
It looks to be, and is claimed to be one of the low pressure turbine assemblies from just forrard of the the first two thrust vectoring nozzles. The first turbine assemblies are four foot across so they would be more small dining table.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Hmmm I think that, if I was going for an aviation coffee table I'd prefer something a little more easily recognised by the layman like a nice rotary or radial engine. Now the turbine from a Jet Engine would make a cracking basis for a coffee table. There's a turbine module from a Harrier Pegasus engine on Fleabay right now for £600 quid, three foot diameter so perfect for a coffee table too! 🤔
This rusty piece of sh!te sold for £3450 Marty 😳
Not only does it look an eyesore but the original transport frame is missing.
20210513_172317.jpg
20210513_172145.jpg
20210513_172130.jpg
After consultation with Don & another mate who has 2 Rolls Royce Merlin engines in his collection. As part of his retirement fund. I decided that anything I did to my version of that coffee table would be easily reversed.
Hence the bolt on supports using the original tie down points on the transport frame as fixing points.
In 30 mins it could be back to exactly how it left the RAF 🙂

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Over the years I've watched some of those Salvage Hunters and American Pickers shows and it's incredible how folks have so much money that they can afford anything brand new but do can everyone else they know and so they look for old and rough as hell because 'you can't fake age' or 'Patina'. It's just typical wanting something no-one else has.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Blimey, that's heavy. You must have got some right macho hunks to move that for you!
Yourself & Duck definitely did a sterling job under my technical direction/supervision 🙂

Right Gents...
The glass is on, & the decal/accessories have been added.
The decal is underneath the glass & it looks like the glass has been etched with the design. But that's difficult to see in the photos.
I just need to clean my sticky paw prints off the glass after straightening it up. Then take some better photos in the daylight without flash & think of a fair price 🤔
It won't be as much as that rusty shite one. But I need to see some profit out of it for my time & effort.
20210513_194246.jpg
20210513_194516.jpg
20210513_194705.jpg
Before the usual suspects pick fault with the dates. Run it past @Don the Don first.

chas

Legendary Knight
Yourself & Duck definitely did a sterling job under my technical direction/supervision 🙂

Right Gents...
The glass is on, & the decal/accessories have been added.
The decal is underneath the glass & it looks like the glass has been etched with the design. But that's difficult to see in the photos.
I just need to clean my sticky paw prints off the glass after straightening it up. Then take some better photos in the daylight without flash & think of a fair price 🤔
It won't be as much as that rusty shite one. But I need to see some profit out of it for my time & effort.
View attachment 6335
View attachment 6336
View attachment 6337
Before the usual suspects pick fault with the dates. Run it past @Don the Don first.
Nice piece of work mate

*slits wrists*

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Out for a little spin this afternoon. I have to say that, compared to my Sprint RS the Daytona is very civilised despite being considerably faster. When I yanked on the throttle on the RS I actually often experienced a sort of nausea briefly as she went 'warp speed' and got the distinct feeling that she was contemplating killing me where on the Daytona I am going through bends at speed without even having to lean and she is very sure-footed and casual about it all. I really do need to get used to her though as the riding position means that I have my head tilted back in a way it's not used to. Anyway here is some pics. Not far from home but I don't have to go far from home to enjoy beautiful scenery. It will be so sad if that feckin' bitch Sturgeon ruins Scotland and I have to contemplate heading south of the border. I believe there are already many Scots examining options for exodus.

downontherest1.jpg
downontherest2.jpg
from behind.jpg
topLochFyne.jpg
topLochFyne2.jpg
topLochFyne3.jpg

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
BTW, if you'd have got me to do the graphic I'd have given you *all* the bits.

You went cheap, didn't you
My go-to guy is in Milton Keynes.
No idea if he's cheap or not. But he did me 2 of the Tornado decals & two of these for approx £30
20200219_203135.jpg
That's a V8 TVR engine block under the glass.
The other decal is going on its sibling.
20200210_181642.jpg
20210513_215608.jpg
A bottle holder/alcohol display stand. Right up your alley mate! 😉

chas

Legendary Knight
Out for a little spin this afternoon. I have to say that, compared to my Sprint RS the Daytona is very civilised despite being considerably faster. When I yanked on the throttle on the RS I actually often experienced a sort of nausea briefly as she went 'warp speed' and got the distinct feeling that she was contemplating killing me where on the Daytona I am going through bends at speed without even having to lean and she is very sure-footed and casual about it all. I really do need to get used to her though as the riding position means that I have my head tilted back in a way it's not used to. Anyway here is some pics. Not far from home but I don't have to go far from home to enjoy beautiful scenery. It will be so sad if that feckin' bitch Sturgeon ruins Scotland and I have to contemplate heading south of the border. I believe there are already many Scots examining options for exodus.

View attachment 6339
View attachment 6340
View attachment 6341
View attachment 6342
View attachment 6343
View attachment 6344
Glad you're enjoying the bike Marty, I got the vibe a Daytona was an itch you had to scratch whether you keep it for years or enjoy for a while and move it on. Def had to be done.

chas

Legendary Knight
My go-to guy is in Milton Keynes.
No idea if he's cheap or not. But he did me 2 of the Tornado decals & two of these for approx £30
View attachment 6338
That's a V8 TVR engine block under the glass.
The other decal is going on this
View attachment 6345
View attachment 6346
A bottle holder/alcohol display stand. Right up your alley mate! 😉
Joking aside, even an uninvoiced job that'd be nearer 60/70. Tenners worth of material and an hours labour.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Joking aside, even an uninvoiced job that'd be nearer 60/70. Tenners worth of material and an hours labour.
I've never met my guy. He always insists on posting the items.
For all I know, he's 10yrs old & creating those decals in his bedroom for extra pocket money?
All I know is he can follow instructions & he's talented. I roughly sketch a design or find something similar on the net. Then describe how I want it altering. He emails me a design, I tell him how I want it tweaking. He does so & I pay him 🙂

chas

Legendary Knight
I've never met my guy. He always insists on posting the items.
For all I know, he's 10yrs old & creating those decals in his bedroom for extra pocket money?
All I know is he can follow instructions & he's talented. I roughly sketch a design or find something similar on the net. Then describe how I want it altering. He emails me a design, I tell him how I want it tweaking. He does so & I pay him 🙂
Cherish that service. You wouldn't piss about like that for thirty quid, would ya.