What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Hmmm at those prices I suspect your decal man is working 'on the fly' @DD67 Not uncommon really. When I used to work as a designer in a printers shop the guy that ran the presses (a Heroin Addict no less) who had a key to the premises used to take 'homers' whenever someone came in looking for a job to be done and the boss wasn't about and he would go into the shop at night and use the shop stock and run off the job overnight while getting high on 'H'. The boss trusted him (he was a fool) and left him to order stock etc. so had no clue he was being robbed until a short while after I joined the company and set him straight. Even then the boss still kept giving him 'one more chance' until one day the guy stole Christmas presents the boss's wife had forgotten to take home and he finally sacked him. Even then the scumbag swiped a bunch of company cheques and cashed 'his wages' for several weeks through a cheque cashing shop in the town. A real peach of an employee!

@chas I think the four bikes are going to be my stable from now on - Two Bonnie's, Daytona and Sprint RS. The plan is that I will learn everything about them and keep them running as long as I keep running. The beauty of the Sprint and Daytona is that they are almost exactly the same except for the bodywork, Single Sided Swingarm on the Daytona and dual sided on the Sprint and the fact that the crank, pistons, barrels and head on the daytona are different. Basically I have a spare clutch, starter motor, sprag clutch, gearbox, ECU, Exhausts, Throttle Bodies, Injectors and all the assorted sensors that will do either of them and, in extremis I can also temporarily cannibalise one to keep the other going and I have a full tank and bodywork spare for the Sprint. On the Bonnie Front I have two spare tanks, two front mudguards and a rear guard and, of course, should one die or go beyond repair it will serve to keep the other going. The highest miler is the Sprint at 25k with the Daytona at 16,500, one Bonnie on 16k and the other on 6 I figure that I should be able to get a minimum of around a quarter of a million miles use between them all and, at current rates that will be more miles than I will ever need.

@Don the Don I must admit that I am in awe of how calm and collected @Sarky B’stard is about the Sturgeon problem. Personally I would get immense satisfaction out of giving the disgusting, ugly, repulsive little troll a really, really hard kick in the cnut. One that will leave her girlfriend with nothing to eat.

chas

Legendary Knight
@chas I think the four bikes are going to be my stable from now on - Two Bonnie's, Daytona and Sprint RS. The plan is that I will learn everything about them and keep them running as long as I keep running. The beauty of the Sprint and Daytona is that they are almost exactly the same except for the bodywork, Single Sided Swingarm on the Daytona and dual sided on the Sprint and the fact that the crank, pistons, barrels and head on the daytona are different. Basically I have a spare clutch, starter motor, sprag clutch, gearbox, ECU, Exhausts, Throttle Bodies, Injectors and all the assorted sensors that will do either of them and, in extremis I can also temporarily cannibalise one to keep the other going and I have a full tank and bodywork spare for the Sprint. On the Bonnie Front I have two spare tanks, two front mudguards and a rear guard and, of course, should one die or go beyond repair it will serve to keep the other going. The highest miler is the Sprint at 25k with the Daytona at 16,500, one Bonnie on 16k and the other on 6 I figure that I should be able to get a minimum of around a quarter of a million miles use between them all and, at current rates that will be more miles than I will ever need.
The 995 lump seems to take a bit of mileage in it's stride so I can see your logic. It's a sound plan.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I had a nice ride home ( do I call it home now ) on Stacy last night..we were weaving about and generally enjoying ourselves..looking forward to giving her a good once over tomorrow on my day off and a bit of general attention on the maintenance side of things..

Provided I haven't been kicked out on my arse as the wife comes back today and we gotta have that chat..😳

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I had a nice ride home ( do I call it home now ) on Stacy last night..we were weaving about and generally enjoying ourselves..looking forward to giving her a good once over tomorrow on my day off and a bit of general attention on the maintenance side of things..

Provided I haven't been kicked out on my arse as the wife comes back today and we gotta have that chat..😳

Good luck mate, I hope you get through it with all your bits intact 😧

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Nice ride out on the Daytona - first since the track day the week before.

Got a little mystery to solve that also happened last time I did a trackday on it:
part way through track day engine management light comes on, stays on, but everything runs fine.
running it through the usual 955i routine of 3 heat cycles makes light go off
so if there isn't an issue, why does light come on?
if there is, why does it disappear?

Not going to worry too much as everything appears OK but I'll throw it out there on the 955i forum to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Expecting pissing down today but it is looking dry so might get teh GS out :)

DS

chas

Legendary Knight
Nice ride out on the Daytona - first since the track day the week before.

Got a little mystery to solve that also happened last time I did a trackday on it:
part way through track day engine management light comes on, stays on, but everything runs fine.
running it through the usual 955i routine of 3 heat cycles makes light go off
so if there isn't an issue, why does light come on?
if there is, why does it disappear?

Not going to worry too much as everything appears OK but I'll throw it out there on the 955i forum to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Expecting pissing down today but it is looking dry so might get teh GS out :)

DS
You won't know without reading the codes. I use a cheap Bluetooth job that connects to my phone. Use it on the car and bike, gives enough of a clue to diagnose. Fiver iirc

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I also have a hideous shameful secret.................... mi Mams side ot family are from Lancashire................Wigan, to be exact........... :cry:🤦‍♂️:confused:
It takes real courage to admit something like that..
I can emphasise as I'm becoming good friends with a lass and her sister from Wigan..
I don't know how to tell my dad as he is from Pickering and still fighting the war of the Roses 😳