What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Nice ride out on the Daytona - first since the track day the week before.

Got a little mystery to solve that also happened last time I did a trackday on it:
part way through track day engine management light comes on, stays on, but everything runs fine.
running it through the usual 955i routine of 3 heat cycles makes light go off
so if there isn't an issue, why does light come on?
if there is, why does it disappear?

Not going to worry too much as everything appears OK but I'll throw it out there on the 955i forum to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Expecting pissing down today but it is looking dry so might get teh GS out :)

DS
I used to get it a lot and do the same thing to rectify it...usually happened if I had taken the air filter off although sometimes it would just happen anyway..I would put tune ECU on it and all would seem well..I think it's just another of a long line of personality quirks with the 955i..

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I think I've solved the lumpy throttle problem I was having on the Street Triple, I did a TPS reset (thought I had done it before, obviously not properly) and then went for a test ride in the rain. The bike ran great, and I really enjoyed the ride even though it was on and off showers all the way. Bike was filthy when I got home, and I didn't want to put it away wet and covered in crap so I was washing it in the rain, my neighbors must think I'm mad (if they didn't already) 😄

IMG_20210515_172523821_HDR.jpg

All clean and put to bed...
IMG_20210515_202638201.jpg