What have you done to your bike today....

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I used to love a plug chop :D Got bags of Mikuni jets in the toolbox.

Maybe I need to buy a carb'd bike to utilise them, that's a valid excuse, right?
Not really.,.... lead free fuel makes plug chopping a lot harder with the merest hints at the tip of the electrode ceramic instead of the soot of yesteryear...... sigh!

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I'm part way through a sprocket and chain set swap on the T800, just came in for a coffee and a piss. While we were riding in bonnie Scotland, I noticed a rythmical light tapping, based on road speed, mostly when pulling uphill. Spoke to a mate in the trade and he suggested final transmission. I found 3 tight links in the chain and a small amount of hooking on the front sprocket, though not excessive. Anyway, quick search on ebay and Edinburgh Triumph have OEM sets for less than £100 delivered overnight. It's all back together and just the soft link to insert and rivet over. then front sprocket cover and chain guard.

chas

Legendary Knight
I'm part way through a sprocket and chain set swap on the T800, just came in for a coffee and a piss. While we were riding in bonnie Scotland, I noticed a rythmical light tapping, based on road speed, mostly when pulling uphill. Spoke to a mate in the trade and he suggested final transmission. I found 3 tight links in the chain and a small amount of hooking on the front sprocket, though not excessive. Anyway, quick search on ebay and Edinburgh Triumph have OEM sets for less than £100 delivered overnight. It's all back together and just the soft link to insert and rivet over. then front sprocket cover and chain guard.
That's a steal for a c/s set!

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went for a ride on the Monster over to Wheels Motorcycles in Peterborough, some pics of Wheels here: https://phoenixknightsbikerforum.com/Forum/threads/i-do-like-these.46/page-3#post-23607

The B roads between me and Peterborough are absolutely fantastic riding, with great twisty stretches that can be ridden at a good pace, between some beautiful villages, with very few other vehicles. I thoroughly enjoyed myself ;)

Apart from the Italian bike, you can't get much more British than this...

IMG_20210529_162433067.jpg

IMG_20210529_162447588.jpg

Spotted some weird construction so stopped to get a pic...

IMG_20210529_151949726_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210529_151949726_HDR.jpg

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
20210530_084724.jpgStacy was cleaned rubbed down and lubed up by 0800hrs...
off to screwfix in leek for a tap and dye set to re thread EGR valve on the Jaaaaaaag..Also I may have to chop off original bolt as it looks fucked and replace with a standard M6 about 40mm bolt...Hopefully if that works im off on a jolly on Stacy for the afternoon..If not I'm off for a ride to see a mechanic about sorting the Jaaaaaaag...Either way I get out on the bike in good weather 😎
20210530_084901.jpg

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
View attachment 7025Stacy was cleaned rubbed down and lubed up by 0800hrs...
off to screwfix in leek for a tap and dye set to re thread EGR valve on the Jaaaaaaag..Also I may have to chop off original bolt as it looks fucked and replace with a standard M6 about 40mm bolt...Hopefully if that works im off on a jolly on Stacy for the afternoon..If not I'm off for a ride to see a mechanic about sorting the Jaaaaaaag...Either way I get out on the bike in good weather 😎
View attachment 7026
As we discussed at the time Duck.
That top box is massive/ugly. But as predicted, I see that it's also coming in handy 🙂
Good luck with sorting the Jaaaaaaag.