What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
View attachment 7027
Really impressed with tap and dye set..never used one before...
Now should I attempt to remove the bolt that is secured into the manifold or should I see if it grabs the thread in the EGR valve now ive re threaded it...
Fuck it..im going see if it grabs it now...
I'm no expert with thread cutting kit.
But I find they work best with a couple of turns in, followed by a couple of turns out. Keep repeating that process until you've finishing cutting the thread. It cleans out the swarf rather than trying to cut the thread in one hit.
Also, a bit of lube helps. WD40 or similar should do the trick.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Ooh and I keep lifting my front wheel up in second and third gear...Only a tiny bit but is it still technically classed as a wheelie and does it make me a wanker ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿคฃ
I had a similar experience Duck. Even though I was riding it around like an old lady.
So much so, I checked to see if the gearing is standard, it is! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
I reckon if you dropped a tooth off the front it'd pull full blown power wheelies all the time.
I can only assume the new exhaust system is allowing it to breathe better. For a 650 twin it goes like stink! ๐Ÿ™‚
So leave the gearing alone mate, & be a bit more gentle with the throttle.

Edit...
It could be the "Go-Faster" stripes that are contributing to the power wheelies? They must add at least 15bhp ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last edited:

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went for a ride down to the Cotswolds today, some beautiful scenery on route, but the roads were slow with a lot of 50 mph limits and 30/20 in villages. Far too many cyclists and people for my liking, especially in Bourton-on-the-Water where I only stopped for 5 mins to stretch my legs before getting back on the bike again.

Bourton-on-the-Water

IMG_20210530_134413090_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210530_135153799.jpg

Stopped on the way back to get a picture of the view

IMG_20210530_141213888_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210530_141125506.jpg
IMG_20210530_141306789.jpg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I had a very peaceful day out with Mairi my Skye Blue Bonnie. Took the road from my village down to Strachur and then onto the Strachur to Tighnabruaich road before branching off onto the single track road to Castle Lachlan and on to Otter Ferry. The first photo is at Castle Lachlan where, according to the records. some of my ancestors lived a few hundred years ago
Atcastlelachlan.jpg
Unfortunately the castle, across the small bay behind my bike is hidden by the young trees at the roadside.
Next I headed south towards Otter Ferry
Looking North from South of Castle Lachlan.jpg
Looking South to Otter Ferry and West Loch Fyne.jpg
When I reached Otter Ferry I took the road over the hill to Glendaruel and had it entirely to myself for the entire journey
BacktoLochFyneandOtterferry.jpg
Looking back to Otter Ferry and Loch Fyne
OverthetoptoGlendaruel.jpg
The highest point of the road between Otter Ferry and Glendaruel
FirstsightofGlendaruel.jpg
Descending into the 'Dream Valley' of Glendaruel

I nearly bloody fell over again when I pulled up to the junction between the single track and the TIghnabruaich to Strachur road. As I came up to the junction and went to put my foot down the bloody front wheel slid away on the dust and gravel at the junction, fortunately I planted my foot in time to stop her sliding out but jarred my hip in the process!

I have no photos of the journey back to Strachur on the Tighnabruaich to Strachur road as it's too long, wide and fun to ride and I couldn't bring myself to stop and take any pictures. Final picture is at the old Rest and Be Thankful before heading back into my village.
Backattherest.jpg

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well I had a very peaceful day out with Mairi my Skye Blue Bonnie. Took the road from my village down to Strachur and then onto the Strachur to Tighnabruaich road before branching off onto the single track road to Castle Lachlan and on to Otter Ferry. The first photo is at Castle Lachlan where, according to the records. some of my ancestors lived a few hundred years ago
View attachment 7040
Unfortunately the castle, across the small bay behind my bike is hidden by the young trees at the roadside.
Next I headed south towards Otter Ferry
View attachment 7041
View attachment 7042
When I reached Otter Ferry I took the road over the hill to Glendaruel and had it entirely to myself for the entire journey
View attachment 7043
Looking back to Otter Ferry and Loch Fyne
View attachment 7044
The highest point of the road between Otter Ferry and Glendaruel
View attachment 7045
Descending into the 'Dream Valley' of Glendaruel

I nearly bloody fell over again when I pulled up to the junction between the single track and the TIghnabruaich to Strachur road. As I came up to the junction and went to put my foot down the bloody front wheel slid away on the dust and gravel at the junction, fortunately I planted my foot in time to stop her sliding out but jarred my hip in the process!

I have no photos of the journey back to Strachur on the Tighnabruaich to Strachur road as it's too long, wide and fun to ride and I couldn't bring myself to stop and take any pictures. Final picture is at the old Rest and Be Thankful before heading back into my village.
View attachment 7046
I wanna go there now if and when my Scotland trip goes ahead..
How much of a detour is it from NC500

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I went out for a few hours without the top box attached and had a great time..I was so busy enjoying myself I completely forgot about photos...
I have developed an irritating tinny sounding vibration at the front of the bike that I suspect is the radiator protector grill...
Otherwise a brilliant ride out today...

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I have developed an irritating tinny sounding vibration at the front of the bike that I suspect is the radiator protector grill...
Otherwise a brilliant ride out today...
There should be a couple of small rubber blocks holding it away from the radiator Duck.
Check they haven't fallen off, or the guard will be rubbing on the radiator.
It's a stupid design cos there's only one fixing point! ๐Ÿ™„

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Quite a bit I'm afraid @BAD LUCK DUCK . You would turn left at the top of Loch Lomond so a long way short of the start of the NC500. I hear that the tourist fleecers are now promoting a 'Kintyre66' loop to try and cash in on the success of the NC500. I hope such things don't come to my little corner because I like how quiet and empty the roads around my stomping ground are.