What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
I don't own a camera myself now, my last Digital SLR was totally eclipsed by the capabilities of the camera built into my Huawei phone (Even if the Chinese get copies of everything I photograph). Never found even a film camera that could measure up to the Mk.1 Eyeball and digital has a flat quality.
I loved the 'machineness' of my OM2 (sold it for peanuts) and did my own processing so extracting a well polished turd from the reels I'd shot was fun. It's maybe similar to the difference between playing through an amp and making air move through a 12" speaker or plugging into Amplitube or similar. Just feels a 'remove'

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Just back in from a wee spin over to Inveraray and beyond. @Tallpaul may recognise the location of this one
View attachment 7120
That one is cropped to let you see the building better. Next is the big picture
View attachment 7121
Next we have a wee view looking back towards the North of Loch Awe from somewhere around halfway down
View attachment 7122
Then finally a view to the South of Loch Awe with some of it's islands.
View attachment 7123
Beautiful evening for a spin. The Bluebells are in bloom as is the Gorse so the whole countryside is a riot of Green, Purplish Blue and Yellow! Unfortunately for some reason the Bluebells never look as good in photos as they do to the Mk.1 Eyeball so I never photograph them.
More great pic's @MartytheMartian we do have some great roads up here

Freck

Legendary Knight
I don't own a camera myself now, my last Digital SLR was totally eclipsed by the capabilities of the camera built into my Huawei phone (Even if the Chinese get copies of everything I photograph). Never found even a film camera that could measure up to the Mk.1 Eyeball and digital has a flat quality.
Totally agree about phone cameras for general shots and even the odd ‘arty’ number, but if you really want to push the boundaries of photography you’ll still need a decent camera, or some good photoshop skills.
Here’s one of mine from a while ago.

Attachments

• 842CA550-B7E6-4EA4-88B5-90483C08C49A.jpeg
    842CA550-B7E6-4EA4-88B5-90483C08C49A.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10

chas

Legendary Knight
Totally agree about phone cameras for general shots and even the odd ‘arty’ number, but if you really want to push the boundaries of photography you’ll still need a decent camera, or some good photoshop skills.
Here’s one of mine from a while ago.
Nice shot. I fully accept my inability to embrace digital is just me being unable to adapt. Photography is about capturing light and you'll capture a shitload less of the stuff through a pinprick phone lens compared to a proper camera lens.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I've got to admit that I have never been any good at photography. I can knock out a painting or drawing of something no problem at all but I just don't have the knack of capturing that perfect photo. When I was working as a graphic designer I could do just about anything I wanted in photoshop that the client wanted but I can't say I ever genuinely enjoyed computer based graphics of any sort. I prefer the smell of linseed oil, a brush in my hand and a canvas to mark with my thoughts.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
How are you trying to upload them Don?
The easiest way is to click the symbol that looks like a mountain in a rectangular box.
Then click inside the box that pops up. That'll take you to where your photo are stored.
Click the one you want & Bob's ya Dads brother 🙂
The problem I've got is the forum no longer recognises the type of file it is where as it did until recently..

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I've got to admit that I have never been any good at photography. I can knock out a painting or drawing of something no problem at all but I just don't have the knack of capturing that perfect photo. When I was working as a graphic designer I could do just about anything I wanted in photoshop that the client wanted but I can't say I ever genuinely enjoyed computer based graphics of any sort. I prefer the smell of linseed oil, a brush in my hand and a canvas to mark with my thoughts.
Knock out a painting eh...
I'm beginning to see a bit of a dodgey pattern here🤯🤣🤣🤣🤣

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
The problem I've got is the forum no longer recognises the type of file it is where as it did until recently..
I wonder if shutting your phone down and restarting it will make a difference? The other thing to try might be to see if your browser software is up to date, or has updated... Either can cause problems, if the forum software updated and your browser didn't, or vice versa.

Walter on a horse-colorized.jpg

A quick upload test... My Granddad on his horse (Royal Engineers) its a file I have faffed about with and coloured, so it's not just a standard jpeg, yet its loaded okay. I'm using the "attach files" button at the bottom of the reply panel.

I try for 600x800 pixels, slow broadband, so it makes uploading faster.

I resize using an app called photo and pic resizer, free but with adverts.

Can't comment on uploading from a computer, I don't own one any more, having put a hammer through the last one. Bastard thing.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Nice evening ride yesterday - figure of eight between Nottingham and Melton.

And back in time for a beer in the garden.

A bit of fettling today as tomorrow after work it's down to London, then Brighton Friday, and back Sat via lunch me Ol' Ma Strange.

Looking forward to first proper trip on the bike for a very long time :)

DS