What have you done to your bike today....

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Sigh. Clutch switch replaced. Solenoid replaced. Still no start. So starter motor next.

Haynes book of lies says, tank off, coolant drained, carbs off, fairing off.

Fuck that. Coolant drain, yes... There's a hose in the way, but the rest? I think not.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Well you might know it. One fucking torx screw holding the top pipe for the hose buried behind every thing. Can't get on it.... So now, tank off side panels are off... If it wasn't for that one screw....

Sigh. Don't make it easy do they. Seriously hope it is the fucking starter now....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I put grill protector back on and can't for the life of me locate anything that could be vibrating to the tune I'm hearing...
I got a rider at last for my motorbike keyring though 👍

Screenshot_20210603-184513_Gallery.jpg
For anyone that's interested I fitted him on my keyring and took the photo whilst on the kazi..it's all part of my newly acquired multi tasking skill set...😉

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
You'd be surprised at the things that can make a lot of irritating noises on a bike. One time I bought a bike and it developed this loud high pitched whine whenever I went over about thirty miles per hour. I was utterly stumped as to where it was coming from until I finally traced it to the speedo and tacho being loose in their mounts. No idea how it actually caused the sound but once I tightened them up it disappeared.

You could always fit a siren from a Stuka to cover the rattle :D

half ton

Legendary Knight
You'd be surprised at the things that can make a lot of irritating noises on a bike. One time I bought a bike and it developed this loud high pitched whine whenever I went over about thirty miles per hour. I was utterly stumped as to where it was coming from until I finally traced it to the speedo and tacho being loose in their mounts. No idea how it actually caused the sound but once I tightened them up it disappeared.

I used to get a high pitched whine when my bike went over 90 ..... It was easily sorted ...I left the miserable bitch at home and rode solo

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
They definitely don't make it easy @Big Sandy it's like everything has been designed with an ethos of "How can we make it so awkward to work on your bike that you might be inclined to buy a new one rather than fix it?"
Well, I had an attack of "fuck this"... Sat on the floor trying to see how the air box comes off and kicked off another bout of sciatica. So what have I done to my bike today... Took tank off, took side panels off, swapped the clutch switch and solenoid.... And then swore at it a lot.

May take a couple days until I can get to it again, can't hardly walk straight right now. Humph.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck

That's a brilliant idea👍👍👍👍

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I thought this was waaaay too obvious to mention.
Then I remembered it's you looking for the noise 😉

Have you checked to see if the thumb wheels for the adjustable screen are tight?
Done that and do that on a regular basis anyway...You do get a little vibration from the screen but a totally different sound...
I think @MartytheMartian might be onto something as its only when I have the throttle open...really noticable when accelerating and irritating when cruising...