What have you done to your bike today....

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
DSCF0424.jpg

Looks like I managed to load a file, compressed it lets hope it was not just a fluke, Taken Bank holiday monday Lossiemouth Beach, thats how a beach should look without a million folk fighting for a patch of sand.

Today I completed fitting a safe start to the Bonnie for my piece of mind.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Done the weekly prep this morning

Tyre pressures✅
Coolant✅
Oil✅
Cleaned and lubed chain✅
Brake fluid✅

This Thruxton really does impress me, always starts, no battery problems, gearbox fine(ish), finish good (except the engine cases are a pain to keep lean), she’s not let me down once (apart from a flat on The Old Kent Road, but that’s not the bikes fault!)

Looks awesome and goes like a 40 year old whore from Hastings😃

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Done the weekly prep this morning

Tyre pressures✅
Coolant✅
Oil✅
Cleaned and lubed chain✅
Brake fluid✅

This Thruxton really does impress me, always starts, no battery problems, gearbox fine(ish), finish good (except the engine cases are a pain to keep lean), she’s not let me down once (apart from a flat on The Old Kent Road, but that’s not the bikes fault!)

Looks awesome and goes like a 40 year old whore from Hastings😃

I only got as far as cleaning the chain and sprockets, removed all the gunk inside the front sprocket cover, then just as I was getting everything ready to wash the Monster, it starts raining :(🙄

Oh well, good excuse for a cup of tea or two and laze around until the rain stops ;)

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I only got as far as cleaning the chain and sprockets, removed all the gunk inside the front sprocket cover, then just as I was getting everything ready to wash the Monster, it starts raining :(🙄

Oh well, good excuse for a cup of tea or two and laze around until the rain stops ;)
Cheers for that post Scrappy.
Last time I checked the forecast it said no rain until 2pm. Just checked it again & rain is imminent 🙄
It's boll#xed up my plans but at least I won't be half way through when the rain starts.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Surely you weren't planning to move far from the house today mate!
Only out onto the driveway to reapply Diamondbrite to the Merc.
The Merc dealership thought they were doing me a favour by power polishing the car after failed attempt number 2 to fix the front parking sensors.
What they actually did was polish the f#ckin Diamondbrite finish off!!! 🙄

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Well at 419 miles, home>London>Brighton>London>home, was fewer miles than have comprised most days of previous road trips, but it certainly scratched an itch!

London>Brighton sadly fell on the wet Friday afternoon, but can't really complain about one minor imperfection :)

And good catching up with the sort of old chums who even though you haven't met up for nearly two years, you can pick straight up where you left off because you go way, way back!

DS

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Well I was going to fit heated grips and have a bash at fitting these and then I realised how incredibly lazy I was and I came back on the forum instead....
View attachment 7340View attachment 7341

Is that the right way up..I don't bleeding know 🤣🤣🤣🤣
The black mesh part should be at the top Duck.
Bin the clamps in the plastic bag, they don't fit the bars.
Trim off the bit on the hand guard that they are supposed to attach to.
Then fix the guards to the brackets via the pre drilled holes in the brackets.