What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I must admit I have always wondered just how much difference different spark plugs can really make. I mean they are just a bit of metal with a gap to a contact and a high voltage travels down them until it then jumps the gap.

chas

Legendary Knight
I must admit I have always wondered just how much difference different spark plugs can really make. I mean they are just a bit of metal with a gap to a contact and a high voltage travels down them until it then jumps the gap.
Agreed to a point, after all, if you touch gunpowder with a match it will burn. If two use two matches it burns no faster or hotter.

However I *do* like NGK because I know it's 'fit and forget' till the next change.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
A wee bit more to them than that..... the insulator needs to conduct heat away fast enough to prevent the electrode becoming a glow plug causing pre ignition......and durable. Manufacturing consistency then starts to matter.....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
I now love heated grips, its the very first time I've had them after I installed some on my Street Triple. I can take being cold, apart from my hands, and the heated grips are brilliant keeping my hands toasty warm. Don't know why I didn't fit them before 🤔

Heated grips let me ride in winter with thinner gloves, which I definitely prefer.

Not just a comfort thing, but a feel thing.

DS