What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
I ordered a Speedo Angel TFT screen protector for the T900 and it arrived this morning whilst at work. Opened the packet and the contents had been damaged in transit, it's in two pieces held together by the plastic film on each face. Bollocks.
Removed the Scottoiler from the 800 and installed it on the 900. It's the basic vacuum model, V System and requires a vacuum source to lift the oil release valve. The installation instructions clearly show the pipe to cut. When I got to that stage, I found 2 pipes. Which one? I really don't know......................
That's a PITA. Has to be said a lot of things are sent via courier that have been so badly packed they wouldn't survive a walk downstairs, let alone being chucked round a hub and then thrown in the back of a lorry with allsorts for company.

BTW, pure nosiness, what's happening to the old tiger, private sale of some sort? (not fishing, just curious)

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
That's a PITA. Has to be said a lot of things are sent via courier that have been so badly packed they wouldn't survive a walk downstairs, let alone being chucked round a hub and then thrown in the back of a lorry with allsorts for company.

BTW, pure nosiness, what's happening to the old tiger, private sale of some sort? (not fishing, just curious)
Private sale, commencing next week!

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight

To be fair, the packing was very good, but not courier proof!

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
It's a shame we know the owner and all the abuse that poor bike has had..

Just in case someone is looking in and may be interested...It's lovely and I'm taking the piss.
Lovely. all recommendations are welcome! It has been a brilliant bike and probably the one that has fitted us both perfectly from the start. I have been checking adverts to see what sort of money it could fetch before I offer it out there.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I'll be spending a few weeks pulling this apart and rebuilding it. Based on a 2001 Honda CG125. It was our Bradley's first geared bike, and it's been down the road once or twice. It's been languishing in the back of his dad's garage for a couple of years.
Gonna completely tear it down, clean what can be cleaned, carb rebuild, forks rebuild, sort rear brake and tail light assembly. It starts and runs but pisses petrol out of the carb.
Might keep it for hooning about locally or sell depending on mood at the time.
Will do an abbreviated Dilligaf style strip and build thread. Probably call it "What could possibly go wrong " 20210623_144719.jpg20210623_144704.jpg20210623_144655.jpg20210623_144732.jpg

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
you could make a tidy little scrambler with that @Public Enemy hours of fun
It was quite a smart little shed build when he first had it. But it had a front end interface with a VW Golf, (Brad's fault) and a rear end interface with a flat bed truck, (Truck driver's fault). Truck driver pissed off and left him in the road, no witnesses, and he was too shocked to get the reg.
Both times he was quite fortunate to emerge relatively unscathed. It's a bit hypocritical as we both ride bikes, but we're glad he's got his arse in a car now.