What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
@DD67 You were right.
I just got reprogramming and adjusting the tire pressures. View attachment 17542
As you're a chunky monkey salad dodger like myself.
After trying the pressures you've set. Try 33psi front & 37psi rear.
I predict that'll be a perfect handling compromise.

As you've been riding it at 41psi front & rear. You should feel much more grip & the same straight line stability.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Well tomorrow I'm off to do the NC 500 give or take a few detours.
Won't be on the forum for about a week, unless I'm able to get enough wifi to post a few pics.
Otherwise will do a write up on my return.
Try to play nicely.
Take care mate and have a good trip, usefull to know yam dealer Inverness

GPT100

Sword of Fenrir
Footrest lowering plates for a Bonnie? I have always found the standard position pretty comfy even though I'm no shorty.

As Don the Don says, some pics would be good. I am in the market for a new seat myself though not a K&Q or a backrest (sacrilege on a British bike!) and it's always nice to ogle some parts Oo er Missus!
Here are some pictures will have some of the new bike later

Attachments

• 20220607_123155.jpg
    20220607_123155.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220607_123134.jpg
    20220607_123134.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The Alcantara one is quite smart looking @GPT100 , I'm definitely not a King and Queen kind of guy. What sort of money are you looking to get for it?
On the seat front has anyone on here had a Bonneville Thruxton (not the 1200) and is it a standard Bonnie seat under that seat hump or does it have a specially shaped seat hidden under there?

GPT100

Sword of Fenrir
The Alcantara one is quite smart looking @GPT100 , I'm definitely not a King and Queen kind of guy. What sort of money are you looking to get for it?
On the seat front has anyone on here had a Bonneville Thruxton (not the 1200) and is it a standard Bonnie seat under that seat hump or does it have a specially shaped seat hidden under there?
Wanting £80 for it or make an offer + postage.cheers mate

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
You certainly struck lucky with the weather @Public Enemy I was up the glen today on the Daytona to see if she is now running OK after all the shenanigans and wobblers she has been pulling. The weather is superb although the bugs are like a feckin' fog there's so many of them.Jun722Glenmor.jpg
Jun722glenmor2.jpg
June722garden.jpg

Gotta admit that, while she may have been a right bloody pain lately I can't deny she is a real good looking machine.

Last edited:

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I took the Guzzi out for the first time since the cutting out and starting issues at Donnington. I opened up the kill switch, but couldn't see anything obvious, so just sprayed it with some contact cleaner, and likewise the side stand switch. She started up fine, so tried wiggling the cables for clutch sensor, kill switch and side stand, with no cutting out :confused:, so then went for a really enjoyable run around the countryside 😁

IMG_20220607_163513465_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220607_163436238_HDR.jpg

I love this bike, its far from perfect, but it just feels so good to ride, really fun 😊

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
I took the Guzzi out for the first time since the cutting out and starting issues at Donnington. I opened up the kill switch, but couldn't see anything obvious, so just sprayed it with some contact cleaner, and likewise the side stand switch. She started up fine, so tried wiggling the cables for clutch sensor, kill switch and side stand, with no cutting out :confused:, so then went for a really enjoyable run around the countryside 😁

View attachment 17568
View attachment 17569

I love this bike, its far from perfect, but it just feels so good to ride, really fun 😊
Great pic's @Scrappy bikes looking cool

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

View attachment 17568
View attachment 17569

@BAD LUCK DUCK
Have a word about Scrappy's tank badges. I think it may be the Ltd Edt Moto Guzzi Gender Fluid 🧐
20220607_194548.jpg

😉

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Test fitted the easy on/off screen. The brackets need more fettling & even then I doubt it'll remain fitted permanently. But it should help with the wind blast...

20220607_194514.jpg
20220607_192756.jpg

I reckon that drilling a hole in the bracket above the centre of the 3 fixing points. Then cutting off everything below that hole. Should lower it sufficiently & make the bracket a bit more neat in the process.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
@Public Enemy I was very close to falling in love with the 21/22 Tracer. It was a bit cosy with both of us sitting on it in the showroom and then I couldn't read the clocks without reading glasses and then I couldn't see the road! Are you happy with the comfort/performance?
I am @Tallpaul. Neither myself or the Mrs are exactly skinny, yet we seem to have plenty of room. Performance wise, I think it's fair to say it goes like shit off a shiny shovel.
You're right about the clocks though, a bit of a squint at times. I think they've just put too much information there. I'm learning to only look at the stuff I need.

Overall I'm very pleased with it after my first 1000 miles.