What have you done to your bike today....

Amyamyam

Sword of Fenrir
I am @Tallpaul. Neither myself or the Mrs are exactly skinny, yet we seem to have plenty of room. Performance wise, I think it's fair to say it goes like shit off a shiny shovel.
You're right about the clocks though, a bit of a squint at times. I think they've just put too much information there. I'm learning to only look at the stuff I need.

Overall I'm very pleased with it after my first 1000 miles.
I collect a new to me 9GT on Saturday PE. Have you added a spoiler to your screen or is it a complete replacement ? Be interested to hear your views on it, pun intended. :)Great pics mate.

chas

Legendary Knight
Test fitted the easy on/off screen. The brackets need more fettling & even then I doubt it'll remain fitted permanently. But it should help with the wind blast...

View attachment 17579
View attachment 17578

I reckon that drilling a hole in the bracket above the centre of the 3 fixing points. Then cutting off everything below that hole. Should lower it sufficiently & make the bracket a bit more neat in the process.
If you slip on the cutting I may give you a fiver for the scrap as I think I could make a flyscreen out of the top 1/4 of that bubble.

Had a couple of bursts at 130 on the way into work today but the main limiting factor was getting fed up with the windblast. I'm in two minds whether I should sort the problem though ;)

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
If you slip on the cutting I may give you a fiver for the scrap as I think I could make a flyscreen out of the top 1/4 of that bubble.
There's no need for that mate. I've found them as cheap as chips. Just purchase your own.

They are made by a company called CVK. On Amazon they are £62. On Ebay approx £25. All of them have to come from China & delivery takes approximately 6 weeks. I got mine direct from CVK for under £14 with delivery in 16 days. During the recent 4 day bank holiday 🙂

Spookily enough, I set out looking for the optional extra fairing Triumph did for your era of Speed Triple.
So I'm chuffed that you can also see the same design hidden within the CVK screen.

Let me know if you want the info to order one?

chas

Legendary Knight
There's no need for that mate. I've found them as cheap as chips. Just purchase your own.

They are made by a company called CVK. On Amazon they are £62. On Ebay approx £25. All of them have to come from China & delivery takes approximately 6 weeks. I got mine direct from CVK for under £14 with delivery in 16 days 🙂

Spookily enough, I set out looking for the optional extra fairing Triumph did for your era of Speed Triple.
So I'm chuffed that you can see the same design hidden within the CVK screen.

Let me know if you want the info to order one?
Yep, drop the deets, either here if you think it's of general interest or PM if you think it niche

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

Had a couple of bursts at 130 on the way into work today but the main limiting factor was getting fed up with the windblast. I'm in two minds whether I should sort the problem though ;)
If you purchase one? Before you chop it about, try it as it is Chas.
Like all aftermarket screens it ain't overly pretty (but I've seen loads worse). But from looking at the shape of it. I reckon it'll work great to reduce windblast.
Plus unlike an OEM fairing. Loosening 2 bolts allows a myriad of different fitting positions/angles 🙂

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Here's a question for those 'in the know'. Why do folks on the track these days have what looks like old fashioned tennis wristbands/sweatbands around their master cylinder reserviors?

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I collect a new to me 9GT on Saturday PE. Have you added a spoiler to your screen or is it a complete replacement ? Be interested to hear your views on it, pun intended. :)Great pics mate.
I replaced rhe complete screen with an MRA vario screen within a week of buying the bike. Wind noise and buffeting were horrendous with original screen.
Much improved but not perfect now, but bearable. Some people have put chesp Chinese deflectors on the standard screen and had good results. Good luck with yours.

Amyamyam

Sword of Fenrir
I replaced rhe complete screen with an MRA vario screen within a week of buying the bike. Wind noise and buffeting were horrendous with original screen.
Much improved but not perfect now, but bearable. Some people have put chesp Chinese deflectors on the standard screen and had good results. Good luck with yours.
Thanks for that. I've bought the bike without a test ride. I found my last Tracer 900's screen okay. I've seen a few YouTube reviews on the 9gt. Screen comments vary from excellent to woeful. Fingers crossed.

GPT100

Sword of Fenrir
I can't deny I'm a little interested in the Alcantara seat @GPT100 but I'm not sure if I have the spare cash at the moment with two of my bikes needing MOT'ed, insurance due soon and various other things so, if any of the other guys are interested they are welcome to snap it up if they

Here are some pictures will ha
Here are some pictures will have some of the new bike later

ve some of the new bike later
The K&Q saet has been sold