What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I went for a ride on the Kawasaki, and discovered the clutch is slipping like fuck, and the gearbox is whining. Brilliant.
That's a f#cker Mick.
I doesn't look like the kinda bike to be abused in that way. Normally it's sports bikes that suffer with such problems.
Hopefully a new clutch & an oil/filter change will help.
Assuming the gearbox shares its oil with the engine (as per most bikes)
Is the clutch hydraulic or cable operated? Could it simply need adjustment or bleeding?

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I'm just back from another run out on the Daytona as it was mainly dry, if a little breezy this evening and slightly chilly. Did the loop tonight, round to Inveraray, up Loch Awe, round to Dalmally, Tyndrum, Crianlarich, Tarbet on Loch Lomond and then home. I know a lot of folks complain about their wrists on these machines - I have no problems in that respect but my neck is bleedin' killing me from having to pull my head back to see ahead and, when I stopped for fuel in Arrochar I could barely get off the bike as my right leg was kind of stuck in place. I think I might be getting old!

MICK60

Legendary Knight
That's a f#cker Mick.
I doesn't look like the kinda bike to be abused in that way. Normally it's sports bikes that suffer with such problems.
Hopefully a new clutch & an oil/filter change will help.
Assuming the gearbox shares its oil with the engine (as per most bikes)
Is the clutch hydraulic or cable operated? Could it simply need adjustment or bleeding?
Hydraulic mate. And yes it does. They are famous for slipping about that mileage. i needs a stronger spring, from a Meanstreak model. The whining might be the bevel gear bearing on the front of the driveshaft. Another thing that is a common problem on them. Niether are expensive to fix, just a pain in the arse. £50 will cover it.

MICK60

Legendary Knight
Well I'm just back from another run out on the Daytona as it was mainly dry, if a little breezy this evening and slightly chilly. Did the loop tonight, round to Inveraray, up Loch Awe, round to Dalmally, Tyndrum, Crianlarich, Tarbet on Loch Lomond and then home. I know a lot of folks complain about their wrists on these machines - I have no problems in that respect but my neck is bleedin' killing me from having to pull my head back to see ahead and, when I stopped for fuel in Arrochar I could barely get off the bike as my right leg was kind of stuck in place. I think I might be getting old!
Put some vario risers, and Renthal style bars on it. My trident was so much better for it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303113629974?hash=item4692faf116:g:oRkAAOSwhV1cobQA

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
When I got it it had an LSL(I think) bar kit fitted but I found that actually caused pain in my wrists and I thought it looked like shit on the bike although it might have made it less of a pain in the neck. I took it off and the wrists were much better. Because I have a long upper body I could probably do with being able to get my ass further back in the saddle. Maybe if I took that we foam lump off the front of the seat hump that might help or maybe I just need to work at getting more mobility into my neck. It's not been good ever since I tore the muscles on the left side of my neck getting knocked off a bike by a car back in the nineties.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
When I got it it had an LSL(I think) bar kit fitted but I found that actually caused pain in my wrists and I thought it looked like shit on the bike although it might have made it less of a pain in the neck. I took it off and the wrists were much better. Because I have a long upper body I could probably do with being able to get my ass further back in the saddle. Maybe if I took that we foam lump off the front of the seat hump that might help or maybe I just need to work at getting more mobility into my neck. It's not been good ever since I tore the muscles on the left side of my neck getting knocked off a bike by a car back in the nineties.
A long upper body and short legs? That's Duck's Disease 😬
1655533192616.jpeg

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Lawn mowed - check
Large weeds removed - check
Gravel drive swept up - check
Car washed - check
Bike cleaned - check
Tyre pressures at 37 - check
Chain play at 25mm - check
Chain cleaned and lubed - check

All ready for the thunder storms this evening and rectal torture next week and it’s not even 11.00am :p

smib

Legendary Knight
Lawn mowed - check
Large weeds removed - check
Gravel drive swept up - check
Car washed - check
Bike cleaned - check
Tyre pressures at 37 - check
Chain play at 25mm - check
Chain cleaned and lubed - check

All ready for the thunder storms this evening and rectal torture next week and it’s not even 11.00am :p
Just reading that has made me feel exhausted. That's some going all done before 11am