What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Ach we humans excel at adapting to such things. You just gotta flip it past the ridge when you take the bends and all is good or you could put it on the stand in gear and run the bike while holding a bit of sandpaper against it and re-cut the profile. :ROFLMAO:

I had a mate, haven't seen him since about 2000 but I have heard tell that he's still alive, and he used to ride his R1 like a maniac with the middle half of the rear tyre treadless and pretty much flat as a billiard table but boy, that lad could go round the bends, every bend, on the edge of the tyres.

Last edited:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well today I did something to my Blue and Silver Bonnie, well sort of. Having realised just how troublesome and potentially unreliable I may find the Royal Enfield Bullet I recently acquired but liking that 500cc Single thump my thoughts turned, I am ashamed to say, to swapping her out for a good later model Enfield 500. She is a 2001 with sixteen thousand on the clocks and in pretty damn good condition. Having seen a very reasonably priced army style Enfield Classic 500 (a 2015 with six and a half thou on the clocks) I enquired with Superbike Factory as to how much they might give 'trade in' for her. Imagine how surprised I was when the lass on the phone told me that, having spoken to someone in the company who deals with Trade In's, bikes that of that vintage are now on their 'no buy' list and all they could offer was to connect with some trade buyer called John who sent me a text offering £500! Chirst that was a low blow. Especially as Superbike Factory currently have a 2002 Bonnie on for sale with six thousand more on the clocks for just a quid off four grand!

Last edited:

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Well today I did something to my Blue and Silver Bonnie, well sort of. Having realised just how troublesome and potentially unreliable I may find the Royal Enfield Bullet I recently acquired but liking that 500cc Single thump my thoughts turned, I am ashamed to say, to swapping her out for a good later model Enfield 500. She is a 2001 with sixteen thousand on the clocks and in pretty damn good condition. Having seen a very reasonably priced army style Enfield Classic 500 (a 2015 with six and a half thou on the clocks) I enquired with Superbike Factory as to how much they might give 'trade in' for her. Imagine how surprised I was when the lass on the phone told me that, having spoken to someone in the company who deals with Trade In's, bikes that of that vintage are now on their 'no buy' list and all they could off was to connect with some trade buyer called John who sent me a text offering £500! Chirst that was a low blow. Especially as Superbike Factory current have a 2002 Bonnie on for sale with six thousand more on the clocks for just a quid off four grand!
I'd bet that "John" is an employee of Superbike Factory who buys in on the cheap and still sells it on through the showroom.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Well today I did something to my Blue and Silver Bonnie, well sort of. Having realised just how troublesome and potentially unreliable I may find the Royal Enfield Bullet I recently acquired but liking that 500cc Single thump my thoughts turned, I am ashamed to say, to swapping her out for a good later model Enfield 500. She is a 2001 with sixteen thousand on the clocks and in pretty damn good condition. Having seen a very reasonably priced army style Enfield Classic 500 (a 2015 with six and a half thou on the clocks) I enquired with Superbike Factory as to how much they might give 'trade in' for her. Imagine how surprised I was when the lass on the phone told me that, having spoken to someone in the company who deals with Trade In's, bikes that of that vintage are now on their 'no buy' list and all they could off was to connect with some trade buyer called John who sent me a text offering £500! Chirst that was a low blow. Especially as Superbike Factory current have a 2002 Bonnie on for sale with six thousand more on the clocks for just a quid off four grand!

That is a low blow, and a joke of an offer.

The guy that came to assess and pick up my Ducati said they were buying anything now, but that was a couple of months ago. I think they may have problems over the next few months, having brought so many bikes with the huge cost of living increase and a difficult winter approaching, I doubt if they will be selling anywhere near the quantity of bikes they had previously.

half ton

Legendary Knight
When I bought my Enfield, The dealer offered me book price as a trade in ..£1500 (03 790) I think it had 32000 miles on the clock, I just said ok I wont be buying the bike then..we finally settled at £2650 I think. (my memory is shite) I know it was worth more as a private sale if I was prepared to wait, but was happy with the fair price we agreed

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Well, all back after a nice few days away on the GS.

Mainly motorway miles, but a nice run from Dartford to Brighton via more rural roads .

GS didn't miss a beat. It's an 08 1200, but can give 50mpg when forced to stick to 60 for long stretches on the motorway.

And returned yesterday to find the latest issue of Bike waiting for me - perfect reading to accompany a glass of wine when knackered after a long ride :)

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Not done anything today but I was out on the Royal Enfield yesterday for about forty miles some of which was on the rather bumpy and twisty road down the side of Loch Long. I felt fine and dandy when I got home but since getting up I can't move my head more than about twenty degrees from side to side and about the same backwards without being in bloody agony.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Ordered a replacement oil sump cover for the Guzzi, as I discovered the current one is damaged. Whilst changing the oils the other day I spotted a fin has snapped off, which I think must have occurred a couple of weeks ago, when a metal object was rolling across the road in front of me, I tried to avoid it but just slightly clipped it with the front wheel and I'm guessing it then shot up under the engine :mad:

Fortunately I found what looks to be a good replacement from a low mileage bike for £80, which is better then the nearly £400 for a new one 😮

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
New tyre fitted yesterday and while digging around in the rear brake calliper noticed the pads were shot, so new pads arrived today and fitted along with wheel it’s new rubber(y)

About to take her out for a quick spin to scrub up the tyre and test the brakes before it starts pissing it down :)

If you don’t hear from again you’ll know I did a shit job:D

chas

Legendary Knight
Not done anything today but I was out on the Royal Enfield yesterday for about forty miles some of which was on the rather bumpy and twisty road down the side of Loch Long. I felt fine and dandy when I got home but since getting up I can't move my head more than about twenty degrees from side to side and about the same backwards without being in bloody agony.
It was probably the sleeping that did it. Once you get over 50 you hurt yourself sleeping.

My bloody parts haven't turned up uet so bugger all done to the bike

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Ordered a replacement oil sump cover for the Guzzi, as I discovered the current one is damaged. Whilst changing the oils the other day I spotted a fin has snapped off, which I think must have occurred a couple of weeks ago, when a metal object was rolling across the road in front of me, I tried to avoid it but just slightly clipped it with the front wheel and I'm guessing it then shot up under the engine :mad:

Fortunately I found what looks to be a good replacement from a low mileage bike for £80, which is better then the nearly £400 for a new one 😮
So you're trying to tell us you hit a car?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
So you're trying to tell us you hit a car?

😂 No, but it could have been something that fell off a car. F#cking thing was bouncing along the road towards me like a mini Barns Wallis bomb, I clipped it with the edge of my wheel/tyre which increased its velocity. I stopped to inspect my wheel as I thought that was the only point of contact, but I think it must have come off the wheel and hit the sump, as that is the only thing I can think of to explain the damage 🤔

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
😂 No, but it could have been something that fell off a car. F#cking thing was bouncing along the road towards me like a mini Barns Wallis bomb, I clipped it with the edge of my wheel/tyre which increased its velocity. I stopped to inspect my wheel as I thought that was the only point of contact, but I think it must have come off the wheel and hit the sump, as that is the only thing I can think of to explain the damage 🤔
Sounds like you need a: :ROFLMAO: