What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Had to go over to j&s Manchester today as the breath guard was missing from the new shoei..Absolutely no problem to them and couldn't be more helpful and friendly...They seemed to remember me from last week when I was walking round the store in me jollys and they got me cordoned off in a corner of the store...
Stunning ride over there via back roads around Glossop..
Bike is performing brilliant now I got suspension and tires sorted..Annoying rattle from under the front fairing that I can't locate..
Got talking to a dozen lads on a wide range of bikes that couldn't believe the versys was a 650cc..
Everyone was so impressed with how the bike was set up and so many questions as to where I got the idea for this that and the other and where can I buy that from...
Also got a very similar response at a petrol station...
All credit as to go to our very own @DD67
Jez...people really admired what you had done with the bike..lots of photos taken and one guy was interested in patent for the Abus disc lock bracket..You should patent that idea and locate of fitting..
I suspect you could earn a fortune with that...
Anyway brilliant ride out and had a play with an Aston Martin Vantage..Fucking awesome..Got to ten past one and didn't even realise it..Fucking fantastic 👍 😀
I think the 650 versys and @DD67 customisation of said bike really got some appreciation it rightly deserves today...
Big thanks Jez..
if I upgrade to a 1000 at any point I'm coming to see you for all the customisation you did on this one...🦆

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Had to go over to j&s Manchester today as the breath guard was missing from the new shoei..Absolutely no problem to them and couldn't be more helpful and friendly...They seemed to remember me from last week when I was walking round the store in me jollys and they got me cordoned off in a corner of the store...
Stunning ride over there via back roads around Glossop..
Bike is performing brilliant now I got suspension and tires sorted..Annoying rattle from under the front fairing that I can't locate..
Got talking to a dozen lads on a wide range of bikes that couldn't believe the versys was a 650cc..
Everyone was so impressed with how the bike was set up and so many questions as to where I got the idea for this that and the other and where can I buy that from...
Also got a very similar response at a petrol station...
All credit as to go to our very own @DD67
Jez...people really admired what you had done with the bike..lots of photos taken and one guy was interested in patent for the Abus disc lock bracket..You should patent that idea and locate of fitting..
I suspect you could earn a fortune with that...
Anyway brilliant ride out and had a play with an Aston Martin Vantage..Fucking awesome..Got to ten past one and didn't even realise it..Fucking fantastic 👍 😀
I think the 650 versys and @DD67 customisation of said bike really got some appreciation it rightly deserves today...
Big thanks Jez..
if I upgrade to a 1000 at any point I'm coming to see you for all the customisation you did on this one...🦆
Hold on a cotton picking minute!!!....
When you purchased it, you deemed 95% of my customisation to be massively "Gay"? 🤔

However it's good to see that you've finally been educated 😉
And thanks for the compliments mate 🤗
As I can't ride them anymore. It's good to hear that folk still like my idea of improving them 😊

PS... If you got a number for the guy wanting to copy the lock carrier? It's for a Xena alarmed disc lock, not an Abus. He's most welcome to copy it & sell his version.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Hold on a cotton picking minute!!!....
When you purchased it, you deemed 95% of my customisation to be massively "Gay"? 🤔

However it's good to see that you've finally been educated 😉
And thanks for the compliments mate 🤗
As I can't ride them anymore. It's good to hear that folk still like my idea of improving them 😊

PS... If you got a number for the guy wanting to copy the lock carrier? It's for a Xena alarmed disc lock, not an Abus. He's most welcome to copy it & sell his version.
The pink stripes have bleached in the sunlight so it's not so bad now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🦆

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Cleaned the air filter, checked and adjusted valve clearances, all ready for a ride tomorrow hopefully :)

I also discovered that sometimes the best tools are the cheapest, I had brought a depth gauge tool and a specific top dead centre tool, both of which were out performed by a wooden chop stick from my local Chinese takeaway 😄

half ton

Legendary Knight
"Maybe" but still a better quality of crap than the ones on the Bonnie and the Enfield, To fit Ohlins on an Enfield would be two thirds the initial price of the Bike, Hagons have never given me any trouble one man's meat ect ect
Err.... joking Don,😳
But have to say they aren't built like they once were but still a good shock , will be going on the Meteor soon and already put em on the Matchless 👍

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Err.... joking Don,😳
But have to say they aren't built like they once were but still a good shock , will be going on the Meteor soon and already put em on the Matchless 👍
I know mate, they will suit the Enfield as well as the Matchless remote resorvoirs look odd on those bikes and the price is okay, I don't think anything today is as good as once was, not now bean counters are always involved

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Weather and worked conspired to allow me a quick 90 min blast at mid-day - lovely :cool:

Helping neighbour refit brakes on his '94GS tomorrow, then the pair of us are out Sunday lunchtime for a bimble involving cake.

Hope weather forecast proves correct!

DS