What have you done to your bike today....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Well after a cold Saturday - chose to use car rather than bike for Blood Biking - Sunday's blast was quite pleasant :)

And the 2nd week on the bounce that I got a large bit of cake from the young lass behind the counter.

Once, I'd have thought ti was because she fancied me, now I know it's probably because I remind her of her dad!

DS

chas

Legendary Knight
Well after a cold Saturday - chose to use car rather than bike for Blood Biking - Sunday's blast was quite pleasant :)

And the 2nd week on the bounce that I got a large bit of cake from the young lass behind the counter.

Once, I'd have thought ti was because she fancied me, now I know it's probably because I remind her of her dad!

DS
Dad? Optimist. Grandad more like :D

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Started mine up for only the second time this year, it's seemed like a bloody long haul out of winter; it's either been fucking freezing or biblical rain. Def need some tarmac time soon.

I started both of mine up today also, regretting not going out yesterday as despite the forecast it was dry until the night, today it was p'ing down so bikes remained in the garage.

chas

Legendary Knight
I started both of mine up today also, regretting not going out yesterday as despite the forecast it was dry until the night, today it was p'ing down so bikes remained in the garage.
There seems to have been very few windows of opportunity (for the non retired) to get out on a dry day this year. I've normally had a few runs out by mid march but this year, nada, ffs

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
My bikes haven't moved either and, much to my annoyance, the Daytona has suffered some more bubbling on the tank even though it was drained dry. It only took the temperature dropping below freezing a couple of times and up popped the bastard bubble. On top of that the tank on my Cafe Racer bullet has also feckin' bubbled a bit and, on top of the the matching tail unit I bought from Hitchcocks bubbled too. I reckon this suggests that it's the bloody plastic/fibreglass combined with modern acrylic paint that's the problem and not the fuel. Once the wife is back on her feet I hope to start stripping the cafe racers tank and tail unit and re-painting them in traditional Alkyd coach paint and I am thinking it might be an idea to try the same thing with the tank of the Daytona or I might just run her as she is and not give a damn after all she still looks like the Dog's danglies as long as you don't look too close.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I agree @Don the Don the modern acrylics are utter crap compared to Alkyds, Urethanes and Nitrocellulose. The paint on the Daytona is soft as shit and if you stare at it hard enough it falls off. I suspect that it's also porous which allows water through and it then freezes behind the paint and bubbles it up. I think Tekaloid are out of the game but Craftmaster in Cambridge do all their colours in Alkyd's and Urethane's. I've got a tin of Kingfisher Blue Alkyd coachpaint and a tin of Deep Purple that I'm planning to use on a set of bodywork for my other Enfield Bullet as soon as the weather gets just a little warmer and I have the time.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I've been cleaning up the frame and swingarm on my CG125 shitter project. pressed the bushes out with a couple of sockets and the vice. Elwood and I broke it all down last weekend, for welding and spare lug removal. lots of grinding and filing. Currently waiting for a frame rear hoop to arrive and then many of the parts go to the powder coaters.