What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
I sold one of the same vintage in black and white. Meanwhile I have been musing about getting a sock for the Tiger Sport.

One of these you smut obsessives

View attachment 23364

It's the bane of my life keeping it clean! The shock not the sock 🙄

I fitted one of those to my old Transalp, best thing I ever did for the bike, you won't regret it
When I replace the shock on the Trip I'll definitely consider a gaiter. At the moment I'd not be upset if a bit of grit hastened the (pretty sure it's original) demise of what's on it. Not bad enough to warrant replacing a serviceable item but at the same time I've never been impressed with the Trip's handling. Needs a lot of 'riding round'.
But then, my riding 'chops' were formed on twin shock across the frame fours with 19" fronts and flexi frames. So I'm used to 'riding round' :D

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
More rust removal and welding spatter filed away. That's it now, ready for sand blasting, just waiting for the rear hopp which should be with me by the weekend. ( No breath being held). I cut the required recesses for the hoop and this will now be put to one side while I clean up the brake back plates ready for some rattle can silver and new shoes.20230321_155550.jpg

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Put key in Daytona to see how many miles it's done since MOT last May - 170!

And that includes a trackday.

Plan to get it through another MOT and then see how much I use it before insuring again in Aug. Will defo check out the lowest limited mileage I could put on it.

Thing is, I do like having it, so if my back and wrists can still manage it, I won't hand it over to No 4 Nephew just yet :)

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I thought about flogging my Daytona off but, as the tank has developed more bubbles, they don't seem to go for much compared to the three and a half grand I bought it for and it owes me nothing I've decided that I will just hang on to her, sod the cosmetics and just enjoy that triple engine now and then.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
....and just enjoy that triple engine now and then.

Yeah, that's my current thinking - the induction roar on it is out of this World!

Nice ride this morning - bit nippier than it has been and a few spots of rain, but at least it wasn't blowing a gale like it has been on and off the last couple of days.

Roads pretty empty too - guess everyone saw family last weekend for Mother's Day and was staying home this.

Saw cars overtaking a slow moving learner on a bike on a fast road while out, and as I got besides him, I slowed down and gave him a thumbs up to see if he was OK - he was. But Christ, he looked about 12 - definitely couldn't have been shaving yet! Made me feel right old - but good luck to the lad; he's the future of biking!

DS