What have you done to your bike today....

half ton

Legendary Knight
My Brothers bike shop has a Ducati multi strada with a platform sidecar fitted so the rider can get on and store his wheelchair. If the Lass has a wheelchair and no prosthetics even a simple thing like you stopping to go for a piss behind a hedge while out riding will become a nightmare . Another option could be to have the pillion seat adapted to make her more comfortable and stable as even with a harness she could still shift about enough to make it dangerous for both of you ......

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
You got rid of yer Bonnie?!!!! Jeez I bet you'll regret it in the future. I couldn't even contemplate getting rid of my main Bonnie. I might part with my 'spare' but even that would be difficult. Couldn't part with my Bullet either as that thing is a larf. I was out on Britt the Bonnie about five days ago and the black Bullet a couple of days ago. Fun Fun Fun. Bullet8th1.jpg
Bonnie6th1.jpg

Attachments

• Bonnie5th2.jpg
    Bonnie5th2.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 2

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
You're not wrong Marty, but she just wasn't getting ridden. Maybe in a few more years when I'm too old and weak for a big adventure type bike I'll be looking for another Bonnie.
"Here" are you calling us old and weak,..........not far wrong mate I loved my Buell but it was too high for this old runt and I would have hated to have dropped it due to my damaged knee

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Nice bike Tony, now you just need to do the miles to get the best out of her
I've got a trip to Ireland booked for June this year. Right round the coast, North and South. Including the run to Holyhead for the ferry and back I'm reckoning on about 2000 miles for the trip. I have no intention of ever making use of the bike's off road ability, as I don't bounce like I used to, but boy does this bike eat road miles in comfort.
"Here" are you calling us old and weak,..........not far wrong mate I loved my Buell but it was too high for this old runt and I would have hated to have dropped it due to my damaged knee
I'm a big enough lad, but most unlikely to be calling you or that young whippersnapper Marty old or weak!

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The Bonnie ain't a lightweight at something like 206kg dry weight if I recall rightly. My Daytona is significantly lighter as are the Bullets. For touring in Ireland I daresay the BMW is a much better option. Have they managed to tarmac the place? It seems like all their tarmac experts are over in the UK offering to 'tarmac yer drive sur?'

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Took the Enfield out today for a nice bimble, blue skys sun shining, stopped by Lossie and had the bike MOT'ed, no problems, must change those shite mirrors though never mind can't see past your elbows I can't see past me tits, deffo not made for a brouder built chap like myself more for those who can kiss a goat between the horns, so some Halcyon bar end jobs for the future just put some mirror extenders on for now, enjoyed the ride out now to overhaul the Bonnie brakes and such when the rest of the bits turn up.

Last edited: